Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Whirlpool Side by Side American style Fridge Freezer too hot and too cold

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Que . . . . . . . . . . . . (Spanish for what)

You say . . . .
I am perplexed by the function of the serpentine trace on the board, is anyone able to clarify.

Since its being inter positioned within a whole composite trace that is being a continuation of the AC line N from one side of the board to the other:
I can't see it being used as :
1 . . . A UHF RFI or EMI printed choke inductance.
2 . . . A tuned L inductance
3 . . . A printed thermal heater strip
4 . . .
A route around of some components leads to avoid a jumper wire
I think therefore, on a final quadruple-quintuple recheck / shakedown of the circuit trace validity, the draftsman just finished and had a bit of dead time on his hand and "diddle-copulated" around a bit . . . . . and just inserted it.
( HOWEVER , I would have been one up on him, by assuring board, ABSOLUTE- OPTIMAL-MAXIMUM Feng Shui, by shifting the serpentine start, one trace width to the left.)

ADD ON . . . .
westfielder
You still around . . . . can you hear me now ?
What were the original part numbers on Q5 - 7 and 8 and possibly Q4 and what did you replace them with ?
I also see, adjunct, but un involved Q1 and Q2 . . . , but I tend to see them as common NPN or PNP bipolars.
Still have the e bay purchased whole small board with the temp and display electronics and its dedicated u/Processor ?

73's de Edd . . . . . .

With my being a classic 1928 year model . . . it’s not that I’m afraid to die . . . . . It's just that I don’t want to be there when it happens.

Last edited: