Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Why Have You Banned Me?

rondavous_a_senora

Oct 1, 2016
Yesterday, I joined this forum only to be banned upon starting my first thread. So I've had to create an account for my wife in order to communicate with you.

I started a thread about building an open door alarm. . I got a message that I am banned for posting SPAM and that I need to contact the administrator.

There is no way to contact the administrator once you are banned.

I am not a spammer, just a guy that thought this project might help someone else.

The only way to contact you is to sign up my wife so I can post my message.

I've decided I don't want a membership in this forum. Please take whatever steps are necessary to completely remove all the info I have submitted about myself and also delete my wife's membership information.

I am serious about this request, as I don't want to take any chances with the hackers breaking in and stealing my personal data.

Please respond that you have carried out my request. My userid is ron[underscore]daves[a]yahoo[dot]com (userid modified for a clumsy attempt at safety)

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
Hi Ron,

I've had a look at your thread and can see that it was deleted as spam - we get a lot of members joining here each week to post links to products in a very similar manor, so we're very vigilant to watch out for spammers. It looks like this time we may have incorrectly thought you were spamming - I'm sorry about that. I've re-activated your account now and restored the post :).

In this past week alone, 10 spammers have been banned (just to give you an idea of numbers). It's very rare that we catch out a real user, but it looks like we have on this occasion. My apologies!

If you'd still like your data deleted, then please let me know - but I hope you'll stick around!

Ron Daves

Sep 30, 2016
My thread has not been restored. I did not post it under the rondavous_a_senora userid. That's the userid I set up so I could communicate with you since my ron_daves@yahoo userid was banned and there was no way to communicate with you using that userid. I used [email protected]. I think I posted to the "off topic" forum.