Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Why nc is not linked to com during delay for time relay?

Solvek

Mar 20, 2023
I have such time relay https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.11.76d818021LVjCR
I have setup 15 sec delay.

When the coil is not powered nc is linked to com, "no" is not - this is good

After powering coil and when delay is elapsed no is linked to com, nc is not - this is fine

But during the delay neither "no" nor "nc" are linked to com which is not good for me, I expected "nc" to be linked to com.

Is it possible to setup my relay for this? Or maybe I should use another relay? I am not good in relays... Which relay should work as I expect?

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

How did you connect you relays?
Did you see these pictures on the given page:
H3Y-2 wiring.jpg
Bertus

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
@Solvek : The link in your oriuginal post does no longer work :(
Assuming it's a H3Y timer relais as shown by @bertus , I found an online datasheet. According to this datasheet, page 7, the observed behavior is not correct. NO should be the opposite of NC:
1679379032631.png
There's no time delay involved. Either your measurements are incorrect of you got hold of a fake relay with incorrect function.

Solvek

Mar 20, 2023
My ralay is different. This is how it looks:
JSZ6.png
It seems for this relay both NO and NC are not connected to COM during the delay time.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
It seems for this relay both NO and NC are not connected to COM during the delay time.
What does the datasheet say? Are there timing diagrams?
This behavior is most unusual for a relay. Not what one would expect. If that is the defined behavior of the relay, it is not suitable for your purpose. If that is not the defined behavior, there is a defect.
Or ask the seller for more information (although chances are high you won't get a satisfactory answer - if you get any at all).

Solvek

Mar 20, 2023
What does the datasheet say? Are there timing diagrams?
This behavior is most unusual for a relay. Not what one would expect. If that is the defined behavior of the relay, it is not suitable for your purpose. If that is not the defined behavior, there is a defect.
Or ask the seller for more information (although chances are high you won't get a satisfactory answer - if you get any at all).
Asked seller but did not get a response.
I didn't found the data sheet for my relay.

Solvek

Mar 20, 2023
It seems my relay is decective. One of the poles is working as expecting but another is not shorting during the delay time.

Thanks for the responses