Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Will this circuit work?

arthur106

Apr 10, 2012
Please keep in mind that I have absolutely no experience with building or designing circuits.
I'm trying to get LED's to light up in sync with some music (The louder the music is, the brighter the LED's will glow). To do this, I am utilizing unused RCA audio outputs from my car's stereo system (I am not hooking this up to the speaker because that would required removing the door panel, and I know I would break something in the process. I will hook up two buttons on the dashboard to control the system (The first button will toggle the lights from red to blue to green to off. The second will switch it from a mode in which they light up in coordination with the music [powered by voltage created by RCA cable] to one in which they will shine a steady brightness [powered by 12V car battery]).
I have designed a circuit diagram that I believe will work. Could you please review it and tell me if I am doing anything wrong? Also, how could I make this better/simpler?
Thanks in advance!
Circuit Diagram: http://picturepush.com/public/7998516

War_Spigot

Feb 20, 2012
I'm not sure if that's the best method, although I can't think of a better one. I'm not sure about those transistors and the RCA input, though. How much current/voltage is there through that RCA cable? Also, those switches on the clock input may need to be denounced, depending on how long the minimum length for a clock signal is(check datasheet). Also, what's with all the diodes? I believe there should also be resistor's on those LED's and on the bases of those transistors.