Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wind Detecting Circuit

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
So, are we gonna hijack this electro-mechanical wind-sensor thingy into a bio-engineering discussion? No problemo! Much of the "new" technology being developed today is a discovery (or a new appreciation) of how "mother nature" has been doing it for years and years. Think of us Humans as sort of a shortcut to "natural adverse selection" evolution. We only just had to play "catch up" with the required biological programming that has painstakingly evolved, and then add some "interface" electronics to make it palatable and practical for the "bean counters" who fund this sort of thing... mainly and firstly for military, battlefield, stealthy applications. Just wait until you get your hands on the latest nano-mechanical mosquito drone with infrared sensing proboscis that recharges its built-in power cells with sunlight! Better be real handy with the DEET.

WHONOES

May 20, 2017
So, are we gonna hijack this electro-mechanical wind-sensor thingy into a bio-engineering discussion? No problemo! Much of the "new" technology being developed today is a discovery (or a new appreciation) of how "mother nature" has been doing it for years and years. Think of us Humans as sort of a shortcut to "natural adverse selection" evolution. We only just had to play "catch up" with the required biological programming that has painstakingly evolved, and then add some "interface" electronics to make it palatable and practical for the "bean counters" who fund this sort of thing... mainly and firstly for military, battlefield, stealthy applications. Just wait until you get your hands on the latest nano-mechanical mosquito drone with infrared sensing proboscis that recharges its built-in power cells with sunlight! Better be real handy with the DEET.
Didn't know we were getting into hijacking. The law might have something to say about that eh?

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
My city measures the wind at various locations and my Google Home Assistant tells me the wind speed and direction.
Wind detector? Isn't that a "Phart" detector?