Maker Pro
Maker Pro

window comparator help

mytholibar

Mar 7, 2017
I'm struggling on window comparator circuits.

I'm trying to build a game circuit that uses 6 wires. Each wire must go from point A to point B, C to D, E to F, ect. and only that wire can go in that relationship so if A to C nothing happens.

I thought a window comparator would have been the trick to make this work. using a voltage split and a lm324 but I can't get the lm324 to work properly. If anyone is interested I'm game for some assistance.

Thanks

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Why not a battery, a resistor and a LED connected between A and B, and another between C and D, and so on. Connecting a wire between A and B will complete the circuit and light the led. Or connections between A and other points won't work.

OK, the problem here is that a wire from A to D, and one from B to C will light both LEDs. You can get around this by using a 4017 to both provide power to A, C, E, and so on in turn, whilst simultaneously enabling a MOSFET which connects the led to the other of each pair. The 4017 needs to run fast enough that your eye can't see flicker (1kHz should be fine).

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
What is the power source for the game? How many of the wires can be installed at the same time, correctly or incorrectly?

You are correct, a group of window comparators might be a solution, but there is no way to know without more information. For example, if A, C, E, G, I, and K are set to 1.5 V, 2.5 V, 3.5 V, etc. and the window comparators are set to B: 1-2 V, D: 2-3 V, F: 3-4 V, etc., then cross connecting inputs and outputs will not produce winning results incorrectly.

Please post your schematic.

ak