Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wireless Door Security Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piratio

Dec 3, 2012
Ok, so I think I came to the right spot to ask this. I was wondering about a wireless door security system. About how it would work. Not the kind at the hotels where you swipe the card, but the kind where you just put your card in front of it and it opens. A lot of factories use these, but i cant remember a brand or what they are really called. I was wondering if you guys could either give me the name, like what these things are called. Also, I was wondering is there was any way to find or make a card that could open a majority of these doors.
Please help. Im really curious about this sort of stuff. I know its more for the black market area because it sounds like theft tools, but its not. Im just curious and I really wish to learn about security measures.

Piratio

Dec 3, 2012
Ohh, yup. Thats it. Now how about the other question. Since its rfid, im just going to guess a no on the universal?

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
No there is no 'master' key each system in controlled by it's own central computer system based on unique card numbers... You 'might' be able to clone a low or no security card if you had proximity access to read it, but you would only gain access granted by that cloned card... As for the higher security systems that use encrypted challenges, you would be better off kicking down the door then trying to crack the encrypted challenges...

All locks can be cracked it's just a matter of how hard and how much money and time you want to toss at it...

Last edited:

Piratio

Dec 3, 2012
So, from my knowledge of rfid cards. They all put out bit patterns right? Would it be possible to get just one or two, and reprogram them to put out patterns that are most commonly used. For clarification, this is for an experiment, not breaking and entering.. I want to see what i could make, then show my proffesor when done..

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Yes, cloning an unencrypted card is childs play (or at least easy enough) if you can gain proximity to said card or have the card in your physical possession... No harder then say copying a traditional house key if you get access to said key...

BTW, no I'm not going to help you do it, copying an RFID tag will NOT impress any professor as it's trivial and has little to any legitimate use...

Piratio

Dec 3, 2012
Thats ok, Im not asking for help, only information. Im sure all you techies wouldnt wanna mess with such childs play. lol, im not trying to impress, just kinda something i wanna do in my spare time and show him. Final question though. Say I have cards A,B and C. If I taped them together, could i use the taped together cards to Open doors, A,B, and C, r would there be interference?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
thread closed

bordering on very illegal activities

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.