Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wireless Keyboard Nano Receiver Not Connecting

Alterego

Sep 28, 2018
I have an old (a Chinese - not a famed) brand wireless keyboard+mouse which I was quite used to and comfortable with.

Somehow recently it stopped working. The Nano receiver (probably the more common 2.4Ghz) gets detected correctly in Windows 10 and HID Drivers get installed. Onwards the mouse and keyboard are never able to connect to it, i left it for a bit while travelling and found it be non working now. Have tried changing batteries for mouse and keyboard , pressing the connect button, however they never get connected.

Can surely buy a new one, but getting this exact model maybe is impossible. Just wanna know with the expert help around here on the forum, if something can be done to cure it. I am pretty sure its the nano receiver, however i guess each unit/brand is tuned differently and a spare nano receiver in case, wont work with my KB+Mouse.

The combo set model is "TurboX DWLC-6001" (apparenlty only a greek online stories carries them, kinda rare and strange). The nano receiver part number is "g00uf"

Some pics are here for reference

DOZC20f.jpg

PPBtrhd.jpg

o0H57Vh.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hi, has the mouse and keyboard got a reset button?. If yes, hold it in for five seconds.
My Logitech does this after replacing the batteries. It’s a tiny pinhole and I use a metal paper clip.

Martin

Alterego

Sep 28, 2018
Hi, has the mouse and keyboard got a reset button?. If yes, hold it in for five seconds.
My Logitech does this after replacing the batteries. It’s a tiny pinhole and I use a metal paper clip.

Martin
Well done that. It only has a connect button , not reset.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Are the correct drivers being installed by windows?.
Have you recently updated windows?.
Are the batteries correctly installed?.
Have you tried a different port on the pc?.
Are you using a port replicator?.
Have you got any other wireless items around?, cordless phone, printer etc?.
Try moving them away or turn them off and try connecting the combo again.
Some receivers have an LED that flashes when the ‘connect or reset’ button is pressed. Can you verify this?.
Can you try the combo on another pc?.
Sorry, just typing what I would check.

Martin

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Yes just noticed that myself. I couldn’t see the crack on my phone. But now on my laptop, it’s a canyon!.

Martin

Alterego

Sep 28, 2018
Replying to previous posts

Are the correct drivers being installed by windows?.
Have you recently updated windows?.
Not recently the PC on Windows 10 is on auto update cycle , guess no new major feature update has arrived recently, besides all other 2.4Ghz wireless keyboards (have another one by Jellycomb) are working fine.

Are the batteries correctly installed?.
Sure for that. It has been working as-is for quite a while.

Have you tried a different port on the pc?.
Yes and directly w/ and w/o USB hub.

Are you using a port replicator?.
Was using it at my office, and it was working fine with the replicator as well.

Have you got any other wireless items around?, cordless phone, printer etc?.
Sure, have everything around in the same room, however every other 2.4Ghz nano receiver item works fine.

Try moving them away or turn them off and try connecting the combo again.
Have tried connecting it to a laptop by taking it to a farther room, doesnt help.

Some receivers have an LED that flashes when the ‘connect or reset’ button is pressed. Can you verify this?.
No LED or button on the nano receiver itself, its as cheap as it gets from P.R.C. Has given me a good duty cycle though.

Can you try the combo on another pc?.
Did it with no success.

Sorry, just typing what I would check.

Martin

Yes just noticed that myself. I couldn’t see the crack on my phone. But now on my laptop, it’s a canyon!.

Martin
So should I be worried about the crack, it could be dry weather and age of this gadget. But even with this in place, it gets detected immediately on Windows 10 and Wireless USB Hub gets detected with following devices

HID Keyboard
Code:
HID\VID_04D9&PID_A01C&REV_0301&MI_00
HID\VID_04D9&PID_A01C&MI_00
HID\VID_04D9&UP:0001_U:0006
HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_KEYBOARD
HID_DEVICE_UP:0001_U:0006
HID_DEVICE

and

HID Mouse
Code:
HID\VID_17EF&PID_6060&REV_0100&Col01
HID\VID_17EF&PID_6060&Col01
HID\VID_17EF&UP:0001_U:0002
HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_MOUSE
HID_DEVICE_UP:0001_U:0002
HID_DEVICE

Well seems like i have to bid adieu to a long time trusted device of mine ....aint a good feeling though.....

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
A crack in the potting/resin encapsulation doesn’t mean the unit is dead. It could be a surface crack.
As you said, Windows detects it.
What about all the other questions?

Martin

Alterego

Sep 28, 2018
A crack in the potting/resin encapsulation doesn’t mean the unit is dead. It could be a surface crack.
As you said, Windows detects it.
What about all the other questions?

Martin
All other questions answered in my previous post (quoted in the original post content).

Thanks.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Yes, sorry I didn’t notice.
Well it sure looks like it’s toast having tried everything. The crack could be stress related on the board and the potting lifted or snapped a component under it. Perhaps it’s time to upgrade to a new combo.

Martin