Maker Pro
Maker Pro

wiring diagram does not match...

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
smart kegger is wired wrong! The skyblu wire and the w/blk wire are reversed...
this is a refrigerator defrost sensor, and the CV freezer room switch that are reversed, (that CV room, thats my beer lagering room... very very important to maintain the proper temp!) can't have reversed leads here!!

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
Are their instructions for swapping wires on CN board connectors for the Samsung SmartKegger? Anything I should know before I force the dingy open and crawl in so I don't drown?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
If the unit worked previously how would the wires 'swap' themselves in the interim?

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
If the unit worked previously how would the wires 'swap' themselves in the interim?
I don't have any interims.... they are an option that I cannot afford right now... Maybe after I get this fridge working properly.

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
I re-routed the wires, It registered with the smartthings app but its still doing what it did before!!! that is the freezer temp guage is wrong, and the lights in the lower half are still out... dang must be something else!

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
It seems to be working faster than it did... that I would say is a definitive + for operation...
Now to crash the freezer room, tear out the sensor, test its resistance, and refit a new one... probably.
then, of course, I will probably need to swap the wiring again!

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
If the temp sensor is a thermistor you wouldn't need to adapt for 'polarity' - it's entirely passive and will work in either orientation.

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
wow I knew there was something funky with my thermistor! So assuming these rich engineers are to cheap to use thermistors, the conditions are kind of like... "Oh Oh our new invention has been wired wrong and the programs are failing what should we do...???" So they call YOU guys and say, "...if you don't fix it, Samsung will die tomorrow..." then you build the ground plane and force the entire system into submission so it will act as a field generator with a hrz problem!!! OK enough showing off. I found a switch wire in a socket for a sensor wire.
In a program, if you write a code that says --- 'if it's on do this but if its off don't do anything' then in the system you have a sensor that is linear, and requires a steady source of power to be stable. your code cannot say-- '...if it's on...' It has to say---
'sensor array(1 to 60) as n
for n 1 to 60
print "n" as number'
next n
The problem is that its alot more complex than that because they are using 7 segment displays and multiple idiot lights.
My smart kegger may be in for an upgrade and require some thermistors... anybody got a source for these little jewels(hopefully not a wallet twister)

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
Works for 15 minutes 'isn't that long enough?' . yep. plenty long. I would say asian retribution for WWII! wow, what a temper!!!

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
You completely lose me with your rambling.
Sorry, I just had to say it.

Martin
@roughshawd apparently knows NOTHING about threads in this forum... how he responds to them and how he creates them seem to be just random postings without ANY continuity. To understand what he is talking about in this particular instance, you should visit at least three other posts he has made on this subject, under different titles of course to make your search more interesting, including one where he identifies by model number the Samsung appliance he is trying to use as a beer keg cooler: Samsung RF28K9380SR/00.