Maker Pro
Maker Pro

[woo] Does anyone know of this breakthrough technology ?

mikey5791

Jun 7, 2013
Hi all,

A friend of mine recently introduced and tried to convince me to buy an electricity saving package
in the form of a credit card size card called The Kings Saver. You may refer to this website for additional info at http;//wingslab,com.my/products-services/.

It is a breakthrough and an innovative technology of United States of America using Nano particles (tourmaline) to decrease waste (harmonic distortion) and save money by placing the said card at the main incoming ELCB distribution box. I am totally unaware of such technology
and wish to seek anyone familiar with such device whether such thing works,

Thus I will really appreciate if any of you know if such card works to reduce electricity wastage and cut down on monthly bill. Thank you so much for your kind input.

Regards,

Michael Chu

Last edited by a moderator:

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Hi Michael, nice photo by the way. Anyone you know? :)

I very much doubt if this would work. I don't see how something so small could do anything to effect the extremely low impedance of the incoming mains supply. Do you really think this can reduce spikes and change the harmonic content and EMF just by placing the card on the outside of the consumer unit. It more likely they are paying the electric company a shed load of money to fudge the electric bill.

This is probably similar to the lightning rod theory when people used to think the lightning rods on buildings discharged the clouds and prevented lightning strokes from producing the lightning flash.

Adam

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
This "Kings Saver" card is an interesting new application of an old technique called "baffle 'em with bull":

bs.jpg

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Can we get a woo woo label for this one?

Bob

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Oh and I was trying to let him down gently :) There's a clip on YouTube where some guy is measuring the magnetic field or something like that of the consumer unit with his phone. I don't think he even knows what he is measuring. He then closes the door which is ummm metal and shows a reduction in the magnetic field. That's amazing!

Adam

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Following the link, I found I saved power immediately. It was incredible. :D

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I also note the honesty of one of the charts provided where they offer you a "life spam" greater than other alternatives. All I need is more spam.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Sorry about that. The URL editing on this software works differently than the previous version. But I'm never going to give it up!

Laplace

Apr 4, 2010
While it is not clear exactly how the device works, it does have a US Patent - 8,310,803, and the CKS Energy Solutions website does have a somewhat better explanation of the device. http://cksflorida.com/

But none of that means I would actually buy anything from Wingslab.

Attachments

• US-Patent-8,310,803.pdf
    116.7 KB · Views: 206

Laplace

Apr 4, 2010
Oh yeah. They know what they're talking about. Uh huh
CKS are probably just installers, not the manufacturer nor the theory guys. But they do have a good picture of the device they install. And it is not a credit-card size card.

KrisBlueNZ

Nov 28, 2011
CKS are probably just installers, not the manufacturer nor the theory guys. But they do have a good picture of the device they install. And it is not a credit-card size card.
Perhaps they took the picture from one web site, and the description from a different web site.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
While it is not clear exactly how the device works, it does have a US Patent - 8,310,803, and the CKS Energy Solutions website does have a somewhat better explanation of the device. http://cksflorida.com/

But none of that means I would actually buy anything from Wingslab.

From your link:

The "Force" is a unique non-grounded component. A “Force” unit (box) is connected in parallel (one “Force” unit to each phase in your electrical panel with a single wire), is not grounded, and therefore it cannot pose any threat to your system as a complex grounded device could. This is repeated for all phases, plus neutral.

The “Force” connections must be immediately after the main breaker in order to affect all circuits. To clarify, the “Force” unit must be the first connection, before any other circuits / breakers (the only exception is that a surge protector may be ahead of the "Force" units).

There is only a single wire connection from each single "Force" Energy Saver unit to each single leg. We only use licensed Electricians for our “Force" Installations. Units are typically connected to dedicated breakers (as some codes require connection to breakers), and can be installed in a new box next to the existing panel, as the situation requires.

KrisBlueNZ

Nov 28, 2011
I did find this test report of the device testing conducted at Griffith University in Australia. http://www.nrgsaveraust.com.au/media/245/Griffith Uni Report.pdf
There's not enough information there to show that the testing was done correctly. No faculty members are named. For all I can tell, this could just be the result of UltraEnergy Australia approaching a couple of students and paying them to produce an official-looking report containing the Griffith University logo. The Griffith University "Power Electronic and Magnetics research Lab" mentioned in the "report" doesn't get any hits on Google (apart from the "report" itself). Does it even exist?

The manufacturer's web site consists of technical-sounding mumbo jumbo, words taken from hot-button technologies (nanoparticles, etc) and non sequiturs. It doesn't attempt to explain (in anything beyond simple terms) what the device does, or how it works, in a way that is clear enough to be judged reasonable or unreasonable. (What does "improve electron efficiency" actually mean?) These are all tell-tale signs of unsubstantiated hype-based marketing designed to separate the scientifically unsophisticated from their money.

The devices are marked directly to small users who may have limited ability to evaluate their performance, and in any case, have little clout, and are unlikely to embarrass themselves by publically admitting to having been taken in by this little scam.

The patent, https://www.google.com/patents/US8310803, is full of the same kind of meaningless blather and makes no explicit claims for how the product works, nor how much power it is supposed to save. I'm very surprised the patent was granted on such a flimsy basis.

For a wider view of the issue, try http://www.google.com/search?q=does+the+keseco+ultra+device+work?

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
So it's still basically bollocks then, as we originally thought.
Adam