Maker Pro
Maker Pro

XBox 360 steering wheel repair

leesr71

Feb 13, 2015
hello guys , I'm new to this forum and I need a little help from your experience.

I recently went to a thrift store and bought a Xbox 360 steering wheel for 3 bucks lol.
but it didn't have no connection adapter for it to work, I used a battery from my controller and it turned on fine,
but it didn't wanted to connect to my xbox so I figured that I needed the adapter so it can connect.
so I went back to the drift store and bought a DELL charger adapter 18v and some random 24v charger ,
when I connected the DELL charger the steering wheel turned on and the wheel aligned itself to the middle ,
then I was happy cause it worked but still did not wanted to connect :/ and me retard I connected the 24v later ,
and it stop working.
now I now that to connected to my xbox I need to press the button on the xbox lol , but the good thing is that with the battery it still works but it doesn't aligned anymore cause for that I need an adapter.

please help guys if you have a chance , thanks.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
hello guys , I'm new to this forum and I need a little help from your experience.

I recently went to a thrift store and bought a Xbox 360 steering wheel for 3 bucks lol.
but it didn't have no connection adapter for it to work, I used a battery from my controller and it turned on fine,
but it didn't wanted to connect to my xbox so I figured that I needed the adapter so it can connect.
so I went back to the drift store and bought a DELL charger adapter 18v and some random 24v charger ,
when I connected the DELL charger the steering wheel turned on and the wheel aligned itself to the middle ,
then I was happy cause it worked but still did not wanted to connect :/ and me retard I connected the 24v later ,
and it stop working.
now I now that to connected to my xbox I need to press the button on the xbox lol , but the good thing is that with the battery it still works but it doesn't aligned anymore cause for that I need an adapter.

please help guys if you have a chance , thanks.
Well... hooking up adaptors like this is an incredibly stupid thing to do...
There is a large number of things you could have damaged.

The only steps you have left is to take it apart and see if there is any obvious burn marks or damage, or use it as is.