Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Yamaha Aventage RX-A810 does not turn on

JPfx

Jul 18, 2019
Hi, I do not know what can be. It's totally dead. No Relay click and no stand by led.
I have 5.5V in the PRY and only 85mV in the AC-PWR pin.
The service manual does not show the AC-DC converter.
Anyone has experience with this type of receiver?
Thx!

Attachments

• 20190719_203900.jpg
    20190719_203900.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 29
  • 20190719_203916.jpg
    20190719_203916.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 20190719_204202.jpg
    20190719_204202.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 34

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi, I do not know what can be. It's totally dead. No Relay click and no stand by led.
The service manual does not show the AC-DC converter.
Anyone has experience with this type of receiver?
Thx!

what/where is PRY ??

in that 3rd pic I see a white fuse just in front of that blue capacitor ( maybe varistor).

WITH NO POWER IN CIRCUIT (unplugged from mains)
You need to check that fuse with a meter on Ohms range. anything other than ~an Ohm (short circuit) means it's blown

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir JPfx . . . . .

Looks like you need to confirm that F3702 and PARTICULARLY that F3701 are good. If so, then apply AC power and test to see if there is being 5VDC at my RED arrow mark up.
If so, then confirm if the BLUE marked 3.3VDC and 5VDC supplies are also present .

RE . . . . query . . .
what/where is PRY ??
That is the logic drive , to the RY371 relay that then powers up the B E E E E E EG power supply.

PARTIAL SCHEMATIC BLOCK REFERENCE . . . . .

upload_2019-7-20_6-55-43.png

73's de Edd . . . . .

Depression is merely anger without any expressed enthusiasm.

Last edited:

JPfx

Jul 18, 2019
Thanks for the answers folks!

Effectively I have 5VDC and 3.3VDC in the output of the regulators IC97, 98, 99...

I really don't know how it's works the PRY (Power Relay). I have 5.5VDC in the coil, but it seems that he doesn't pull down to ground.
I applied external voltage to the Relay and it´s working.

I get this voltage in the bottom of the supply board

Attachments

• bottom.jpg
    bottom.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 23

Ylli

Jun 19, 2018
Use extreme care in this area as you are working with an un-isolated AC line.

Can you measure the voltage RY371? Not to ground, but directly across the relay coil. Should be near 5 volts. With 5 volts across the relay coil,. it should pull in and energize the main transformer. Sounds like you are say RY371 is not pulling in.

[edit: In your first post, you indicated 5 volts on PRY. Is that what you see on the top of the relay coil or is that what you see at the based of Q3702?]

Last edited:

JPfx

Jul 18, 2019
Use extreme care in this area as you are working with an un-isolated AC line.

Can you measure the voltage RY371? Not to ground, but directly across the relay coil. Should be near 5 volts. With 5 volts across the relay coil,. it should pull in and energize the main transformer. Sounds like you are say RY371 is not pulling in.

[edit: In your first post, you indicated 5 volts on PRY. Is that what you see on the top of the relay coil or is that what you see at the based of Q3702?]

Hi Ylli, I have 5.5V in the coil of the RY371, but I don't have any voltage at the base of the Q3702 (PRY signal).
That rail came from the mainboard with not voltage at all.
I'm very disoriented with this thing. I can't found any issue in the power board. :(

I'm in Argentina, using a 220V-110V converter that give me some isolation, also I'm very careful with the AC rails.
Thank you for your answer.

Ylli

Jun 19, 2018
Hi Ylli, I have 5.5V in the coil of the RY371,
That wording is confusing to me. Do you have that 5.5 volts from one coil terminal to the other coil terminal, or do you have that voltage from one coil terminal to ground?

It sounds like you probably have 5.5 volts from one coil terminal to ground. So the "AC-DC Converter" is working. But if you have no voltage on the voltage on the base of Q3702 then the system controller is not generating the 'ON' signal.

What I found online for a schematic is really more of a block diagram. It's going to be very difficult to troubleshoot from that.

JPfx

Jul 18, 2019
That wording is confusing to me. Do you have that 5.5 volts from one coil terminal to the other coil terminal, or do you have that voltage from one coil terminal to ground?
I have 5.5V from any of both RY371 coil pins to GND.

It sounds like you probably have 5.5 volts from one coil terminal to ground. So the "AC-DC Converter" is working. But if you have no voltage on the voltage on the base of Q3702 then the system controller is not generating the 'ON' signal.
It's appear that it's exactly what it's going on.
I'm afraid to jumper the relay, I will try to search more info about this trouble.

What I found online for a schematic is really more of a block diagram. It's going to be very difficult to troubleshoot from that.
Yes, I have the service manual that you can find on Internet, but isn't say to much.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir JPfx . . . . .

" Mah fren " . . . and you are my friend . . . . you do realize that you have yourself , one overall COMMMM - PLEXXXXX piece of equipment there . . . do you not ?
Along with all of the hollow feelings, in the pit of your stomach, when u see its schematics and documentations prolific use of " NO REPLACEMENT PART AVAILABLE. "

Now, does any thing light up on the front of your unit, if even only blinking for just an instant, at your attempted turn on with the main power switch ?
You can just hope that this units problem, relates to a power supply, audio power output / overload protection circuit fault. ( Most do ! )

Since this units design, incorporates a discrete part build up of its audio power output stages circuitry, why not look for sometthing simple first, even before checking the main power supply(s).

Find the units . . . . . " HEAT SINK CITY " . . . . . and on it, there should be ~ 6 sets of complementary PNP/NPN power output transistors being found heatsinked.
They will be of part numbers 2SA1695 and 2SC4468 markings.
In a NO POWER TO THE UNIT test . . . . . .
Place your meter in its lowest ohms test range . . . short its probes to see how a dead short displays . . . . and then test from Collector-to-Emitter on all of the units aforementioned power output transistors, to see if you might be ever so lucky as to find a shorted one(s).

Initially performing that test , see how you come out on that ?

FIO . . . . in later testing, you will be expecting a 2 .7Vdc logic ON level to activate the base of the Q 3702 relay driver transistor for its relay, which you are already being familiar with.

Considering the speed of the DC voltage blip that you might just find initially popping up . . . . on and then off . . . . . in case of default, on that Q3702 base . . . . .are you a scope person . . . familiar with + triggered, vert DC coupling mode analysis of a + going pulse ?

If not, I will give you a work-around.

AFTER THOUGHT . . . .
Has THIS unit been successfully working previously, with the same 220-120 power converter ?

ZUJ ing . . . . .

73's de Edd . . . . .

All syllogisms have three parts; therefore this is not being a syllogism.

Last edited:

JPfx

Jul 18, 2019
Find the units . . . . . " HEAT SINK CITY " . . . . . and on it, there should be ~ 6 sets of complementary PNP/NPN power output transistors being found heatsinked.
They will be of part numbers 2SA1695 and 2SC4468 markings.
In a NO POWER TO THE UNIT test . . . . . .
Place your meter in its lowest ohms test range . . . short its probes to see how a dead short displays . . . . and then test from Collector-to-Emitter on all of the units aforementioned power output transistors, to see if you might be ever so lucky as to find a shorted one(s).

Initially performing that test , see how you come out on that ?

Thx, my friend for the answer.
I will test the power transistors, tomorrow will tell you.
It's very reasonable a short circuit protection, but I don't have any light in the front panel, not even a blinking.

Considering the speed of the DC voltage blip that you might just find initially popping up . . . . on and then off . . . . . in case of default, on that Q3702 base . . . . .are you a scope person . . . familiar with + triggered, vert DC coupling mode analysis of a + going pulse ?
I don't have any idea what it's that! :eek:

Has THIS unit been successfully working previously, with the same 220-120 power converter ?
I'm using the 220-110 converter since I bought it, 5 years ago, until from one day to the next come to dead!