Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Yamaha RX-V675 stopped working after thunderstorm

Mauricio Calgaro

Nov 21, 2017
I have a Yamaha RX-V675 and the unit turns off after 5 seconds (circuit protection on). My error code that the unit shows is like this "DC PRT 255H". Seems to be an abnormal DC output (high in this case) from the main power supply. Could you give me some help? Thanks in advance.

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
It could be an error stored in the CPU that is causing this. Try the reset procedure to see what happens:

1. Set the unit to Standby by pressing the Power button.
2. While holding down the Straight button, press the Power button.
3. SP IMP. 8 Ohm Min (Or 6 ohm) will come up on the Front Panel.
4. Press the Right Program Arrow button repeatedly until INIT-CANCEL comes up.
5. Press the Straight Button repeatedly until INIT-ALL comes up.
6. Press the Standby button to turn off the receiver.
7. The next time the receiver is powered on, the factory settings will take effect.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Mauricio Calgaro . . . . .

With that unit staying on long enough for you to be able to get that display panels error display I believe that your problem is being in a completely different area.
I am placing both the component and foil side "snippets" below of the concerned board of interest.
This will just be a NO POWER APPLIED test . . . with you just using a DVM in its ohms function mode, lowest range.

SET up and initially note the instruments display produced for a no connection / open circuit condition by its display shown when the meter probes are being unconnected.

Then short the probes together and note that display read out . . . . . that will be our type of reading of interest.

Now whichever board side is the easiest to get your probes to, note the two RED circles that are on the extreme outer ends of a transistors possible 3 connections..
Work across those like 2 connections on each of the 14 side by side power transistors across the board.
You are looking for any shorted ones.

Standing by . . . .

CIRCUIT BOARD REFERENCING POWER TRANSISTOR LOCATIONS . . . . .

YAMAHA_PWR_XSTRS.png

73's de Edd