Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Yamaha YST-99CD fault

Deigh

Apr 26, 2011
I'm trying to repair a FM/AM radio. It is a brilliant machine and I've owned it for some years. It is a Yamaha YST-99CD.
The fault at the moment is memory, switching it off loses every station programmed into it and re-tuning is necessary.I cannot recognise the chip responsible for memory, can anyone give me a clue?

I've always been interested in radio and when young spent a lot of time messing around with circuits. Of course everything has changed now and things are so much more complicated. However, I love messing around and cant afford to send it to a repair shop anyway so perhaps this forum can be of assistance. I could send a pix of the insides if it is really necessary.

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
Is there a battery to retain the memory, if so, is it dead?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
there will either be a battery a small button type or as is also often used a small sized large value capacitor 0.22F or something similar to this...
its a .047F but you will get the idea :) ~ 5mm high and ~ 10mm diameter

attachment.php

a backup battery would look something like this....

attachment.php

cheers
Dave

Attachments

• cap.jpg
    cap.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 955
  • Battery-lithium-cr2032.jpg
    Battery-lithium-cr2032.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 925
Last edited:

Deigh

Apr 26, 2011
Thanks, been away on a campervan trip for a week or so, hence delay in reply.

Searched a bit deeper and spotted the word SANYO on something hidden away beneath the CD player, AHA, gotta be the battery, got it out and it is a 3.6 v rechargeable. Will have to get to electronic wholealers sometime to replace it. Thanks for your help.