Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Youtube Video Question

martini00

Apr 23, 2017
Hello all, this is my first post here , i saw a video on youtube that uses a flyback transformer to make static electricity
this is the video :
from minute 1:35 it uses a flyback transformer power by a pc source i think
how does he use the flyback ? i mean i see one turn coil on the ferrite core and it goes to the source
thanks , any answers apreciated

martini00

Apr 23, 2017
yea but is simple electrics ? no? why the longg silence ?? is the video not real?
its simple electrostatics no?
any advices will be apreciated.

Last edited:

JimW

Oct 22, 2010
I'll jump in. But I really don't have an answer. It is not simple electrostatics. Well, the first part with the Van De Graaff generator connected up to the electrostatic motor, that is straight forward.

But the high frequency AC from the flyback transformer doesn't generate static electricity. I thought there was something about high voltage DC biasing to improve the operation of Van De Graaff generators, but I can't find that article now. And I don't see a rectifier on the flyback output. I would wonder if the video had to be done in the order shown: put a charge on the outside cans, and then apply the high voltage.

But if it is not electrostatics, then it is electromagnetics. In other words, it is a poor electromagnetic motor. No coil to form the magnetic field, just a metal plate.

So I don't have good answers, just speculations.

JimW