Maker Pro
Maker Pro

amp with high frequency noise

regward

Aug 13, 2011
I have a fender deville 212,I had it about 7 months great sounding amp.The only problem I have, is it makes a very high frequency noise,and it only does when I"am playing gigs.I took it too the shop they could not fix because it, only happens when I actually play gigs what could be causing the problem thanks Reggie

regward

Aug 13, 2011
I have a fender deville 212,I had it about 7 months great sounding amp.The only problem I have, is it makes a very high frequency noise,and it only does it when I"am playing gigs.I took it too the shop they could not fix because it, only happens when I actually play gigs, So I thought maybe its tube related is that possible?Please respond back let me get some ideals, so when I take it back to the shop I can recommend something.Thanks Reggie

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
When you're setting up for the next gig, set the amp up first, and as you connect up other gear, test to see if the fault is happening.

It may well be some other piece of gear.

regward

Aug 13, 2011
When you're setting up for the next gig, set the amp up first, and as you connect up other gear, test to see if the fault is happening.

It may well be some other piece of gear.

I pull out the cord going into the amp and it still makes that sound,a high pitch piercing sound

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I pull out the cord going into the amp and it still makes that sound,a high pitch piercing sound

do you have a microphone going into the amp as well ?
hi pitched squealing is usually a sign of feedback with microphone too close to the speaker and or the mic level too high

Dave

regward

Aug 13, 2011
I have a fender deville 212,I had it about 7 months great sounding amp.The only problem I have, is it makes a very high frequency noise,and it only does it when I"am playing gigs.I took it too the shop they could not fix because it, only happens when I actually play gigs, So I thought maybe its tube related is that possible?Please respond back let me get some ideals, so when I take it back to the shop I can recommend something.Thanks Reggie

do you have a microphone going into the amp as well ?
hi pitched squealing is usually a sign of feedback with microphone too close to the speaker and or the mic level too high

Dave

No mic just guitar and a couple of stompboxes

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
:)
So there is a noise in the amp when you're out playing gigs, but at home/practise it's OK.
The gig environment might be electrically noisy. I'd be looking at power supply filtering in your amp, at this stage.

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
You say that it is a tube (valve) amplifier. Valves are microphonic and will act as a microphone giving audio feedback.
Options
1 Play quiet chamber music
2. Keep the amp well away from the speakers.
3. Keep the volume down to a safe level.
4. Change to a transistor amplifier.
5..Find out which valve is causing the trouble and replace with a ruggedised version.