Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Block Cameras (CCTV)

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
I now have a growing collection of these CCTV block cameras as attached pic....

These are currently being used for experimentation including direct access control, replacing the sensor elements for high(er) resolution and total reworking for individual purposes.

What I'd love to have is access to schematics of them - given they are mostly well past their use-by date (they are nearly all low-res i.e PAL/NTSC and CVBS output) you'd think that this type of information might have filtered out by now..... nope - at least not by any searching I've managed to do. But I'm no Google-fu guru......

If anyone has details of these units or can point me towards such information I'd be grateful

Mostly it's for curiosity sake but the latest experiments have me making direct access to the steppers controlling the zoom/focus motors etc via a small interface board that actually fits inside the module in place of their uber-complicated setup and then changing their CMOS sensors for 1920x1080 ex-webcam units. My aim is to develop a Pi-based control structure.

Anyone?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-04-11 16-57-40.png
    Screenshot from 2023-04-11 16-57-40.png
    71.1 KB · Views: 0

John Canon

Jun 1, 2022
The problem with most CCTV stuff is that detailed info was never available in the first place, so it can never re-surface at a later date. I share your pain. The best I could get is using RS422 with a joystick and a PTZ camera. Operation ... yes. Actual programming inside the camera ... no.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
I'm not concerned for any internal programming of the cameras - it's easy enough to find out what signals are what on the standard 7-way ribbon cable that runs from the camera module to the main circuit boards so 'direct' control of the module is possible to an extent. I'm more interested in the video signal path. The simplest method (I've found) is to use USB cameras in place of the standard CMOS (low res) sensor but that involves making a separate signal path and/or cable to the PTZ housing - something I'd like to avoid.