Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Clear tunes model:62 adapter selectable dc voltage

Lordgrinder

Nov 14, 2023
I need help fixing my adapter.. It no longer has output and the led indicator light won't come on... Please help me, its my only power source. ( I'm currently confined and are limited to resources

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
You will need to supply more details of the unit.
Power input levels, output levels current ratings.
What you use it for.
Perhaps photos of the unit interior, schematics if you have access.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
( I'm currently confined and are limited to resources
Reading between the lines and taking no other position on this issue, unless you have access to resources the likelihood of repair is minimal/zero. At the very least you may require a soldering iron, test meter and (potentially) replacement parts.

First thing would be to check that all cables are secure and making proper connections. Then check any fuses. If you can post pictures we can take it from there.

Lordgrinder

Nov 14, 2023
thank you for all responses..appreciate the reading between the lines...i had this unit plugged in charging a tablet battery.. worked perfectly well until i unplugged the battery and walked away..came back moments later and led light wasnt lit.. checked it to make sure still plugged in. everything seemed fine..but no power..

Lordgrinder

Nov 14, 2023
i disconnected the cord, to test if it was cord.. different cord didnt work either. i have makeshift solder iron..no multi meter..

Lordgrinder

Nov 14, 2023
Reading between the lines and taking no other position on this issue, unless you have access to resources the likelihood of repair is minimal/zero. At the very least you may require a soldering iron, test meter and (potentially) replacement parts.

First thing would be to check that all cables are secure and making proper connections. Then check any fuses. If you can post pictures we can take it from there.
im not even sure im replying in proper place totally new to all this.thank you for your reading of my opening message.. yes confined .. use this adapter to charge all our cell phones and tablets..to let you know how important this is..it cost 11 new from commisary where sold. where i am its 200 . my phone is 120 at walmart, but cost 3500 here..So thank you very much

Lordgrinder

Nov 14, 2023
You will need to supply more details of the unit.
Power input levels, output levels current ratings.
What you use it for.
Perhaps photos of the unit interior, schematics if you have access.
i posted pics of the unit..and couple more words.. any help greatly appreciated..

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Sorry to have to report that those devices often use a thermal fuse that is an integral part of the winding of the transformer. If the unit is exposed to a heavy load and gets too warm then that fuse 'blows' and cuts the power to the transformer. Show a pic of the 'other side' of the transformer for confirmation. You may see a slight bulge in the plastic tape wrapped around it - it'll be under that.

That said, the terminals on the rear of the small slide switch seem to be very poorly soldered and 'may' need attention. You'll be lucky if this is the case but it will need a soldering iron and some solder (flux cored) to do a proper repair. Just 'reflow' (re-solder) the joints.

Not even sure that the device is suited to recharging a tablet either - the potential for damaging that is higher. I'm assuming a USA-situation (given the 120V 60Hz markings) else I'd be happy to send you a replacement free of charge but I'm UK-based and we have 240V stuff anyway.

What's the make/model of tablet? Does it have (or did it come with) an original charger?

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Not much to the unit...old transformer type......test primary and secondary for circuit.
Test bridge rectifier for working diodes.
Surface resistor is for LED current limit.
What appears to be a voltage selector and a separate on-off switch.
If you can use a multimeter, few basic power off checks should soon find the culprit.
It "might" have a primary thermal unit in the tranny but I very much doubt it in this size system.

Honestly, at 300mA, one can get a new unit for maybe $5 from anywhere almost.

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

It looks like the unit is designed for 120 Volts / 60 Hz.
The unit is an unregulated circuit as there is no chip for regulation.
There is only a rectifier and a capacitor shown.
The output voltage will vary dependend on the load current.
What appears to be a voltage selector and a separate on-off switch.
The second switch looks like a polarity switch to me.

As said, are there no thrift or second hand stores nearby.
There you can find them for almost nothing.

Bertus