Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Component with no datasheet

Alimash

Oct 29, 2023
Hello
I am troubleshooting a couple of coolmaster ATX power supplies.
I suspected that the faulty components are the sps supervisor IC's labeled "IN1S313I" and"IN1S424I".
I couldn't find any information about them online exept for their name, role and the manufacturer witch is "infsitronix".
No datasheet, no pinout, i even tried to email infsitronix but no reply so far.
I can't find a supplier to buy it either.
Any help of how to test it and where to buy/order it is appreciated.

Regards.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Those look to be 'in-house' markings and possibly the equivalents of LM393 and TL494 respectively. We might be able to confirm that if you post a good image of the board and the part locations.

Alimash

Oct 29, 2023
Those look to be 'in-house' markings and possibly the equivalents of LM393 and TL494 respectively. We might be able to confirm that if you post a good image of the board and the part locations.
I am sure that this isn't the case, the parts you mentioned are op amps/comparators while the parts above monitors the 3.3v, 5v and 12v rails in the atx power supply and give a power ok signal if the the voltages are above a specified threshold.

Last edited:

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
We might be able to confirm that if you post a good image of the board and the part locations.
The TL494 is a PWM controller specifically for SMPS devices and very common in many ATX PSUs.

The LM393 is a dual comparator and ideal for monitoring voltage levels - but I should have said LM339, a quad device.

What are the actual fault symptoms?

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
This is as close as I can get. But you have to sign up to get that data sheet.
By the way cybernetics is also looking for that chip.
If you find it...destroy it...
They made a movie about it people!!!

Attachments

• cybenetics_4JH_eu.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 1

Alimash

Oct 29, 2023
The TL494 is a PWM controller specifically for SMPS devices and very common in many ATX PSUs.

The LM393 is a dual comparator and ideal for monitoring voltage levels - but I should have said LM339, a quad device.

What are the actual fault symptoms?
You're right the chips you mentioned are common.
The symptoms are:
One psu does have a stanby voltage "purple wire" and a power ok signal "green wire" but no outputs(3.3v,5v,12v) and when i power up the "IN1S313I " chip from my bench power supply(i managed to figure out the Vcc pin) it draw about a half ampere and it gets very hot.
The other one don't even have standby voltage.

Alimash

Oct 29, 2023
This is as close as I can get. But you have to sign up to get that data sheet.
By the way cybernetics is also looking for that chip.
If you find it...destroy it...
They made a movie about it people!!!
Thanks a lot, this is helpful.
Though the IN1S424I is 16 pin not 14, i am afraid to fry the chip the Vcc pin was not the same.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Yes I realize that. But sometimes nice members in forms like this contribute to the discussion and provide additional information. it was a long shot. Good luck to you!

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
it draw about a half ampere and it gets very hot.
Clearly a fault! Have you checked the MOSFETs for shorts? If they are ok then change the chip - assuming we can determine its type. If you post a clear, close-up picture of the circuit board we can figure out which device it probably is.

Alimash

Oct 29, 2023
Clearly a fault! Have you checked the MOSFETs for shorts? If they are ok then change the chip - assuming we can determine its type. If you post a clear, close-up picture of the circuit board we can figure out which device it probably is.
Okay first things tomorrow