Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Faulty Samsung Q60B Soundbar

sandros

Aug 13, 2023
I'm reaching out to this helpful community today seeking assistance with a repair challenge I'm facing with my Samsung Soundbar.

Recently, my Samsung Soundbar has encountered an issue where the audio output seems not present anymore, this has been quite disappointing. I've tried a few troubleshooting steps such as checking the cables and adjusting settings, but unfortunately, the issue persists.

I am not an expert in electronics, but I am eager to learn and try to fix this issue myself. If anyone could provide guidance, tips, or step-by-step instructions on how to diagnose and potentially repair this issue, I would be immensely grateful.

Also, if there are any specific tools or resources you recommend, please let me know. I'm willing to put in the effort to bring my Samsung Soundbar back to its optimal state.

I've taken the liberty of measuring the existing voltages at the indicated test points in the attached image. I've marked these measurements in red on the image for clarity. If these readings offer any insights or clues, I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.

I also have a Hantek-Handheld Scope if this helps.

TP 1: 23,85V
TP 2: 3,331V
TP 3: 12,260V
TP 4: 5,152V
TP 5 (2. Image): 23,85V

It looks like the PSU is working as expected.

The Amp Chips on the 2. Image looks like they are very similar to the TI TAS5756M.

Maybe some has a schematic of this soundbar, or from something similar.

Thank you in advance for your time and any assistance you can offer. Your expertise and support mean a lot to me.

Attachments

• Mainboard.jpg
    Mainboard.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Amp Board.jpg
    Amp Board.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

sandros

Aug 13, 2023
Hy Delta Prime,

Thanks for the answer.
I tried connecting via Bluetooth from my phone to eliminate any potential HDMI-related problems. Despite these efforts, the issue persists. Therefore, it appears that there must be another underlying cause for the problem.

I greatly appreciate your assistance thus far, and I am open to any suggestions you may have regarding further troubleshooting steps. Your expertise and insights would be invaluable in resolving this matter.

Thank you!

sandros

Aug 13, 2023
I appreciate the responses and suggestions so far. However, it seems I'm still facing the same issue with my Soundbar despite trying the troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier.

I've measured the voltages at the indicated test points and confirmed that the PSU appears to be working correctly. Additionally, I've attempted to connect via Bluetooth to rule out HDMI-related problems, but unfortunately, the problem persists. At this point, I'm starting to wonder if there might be something else at play here.

Is there any chance I might be missing something in the troubleshooting process? Could there be additional information that would be helpful for diagnosing the issue? I'm open to any suggestions or guidance you might have. Your expertise is highly valued, and I'm eager to learn more.

Thank you all in advance for your time and assistance.