Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How do I program the call out number on my alarm system?

Chicken Farmer

Dec 8, 2018
Hello All, I am new to this and trying figure out how to program the call out phone number into my security system for local use only. The system that I have is NX-6V2 with keypad NX-108E. I tried reading the control panel installation instructions but I don’t understand it much. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks all.

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
?? Link to instructions and quote the relevant passage that doesn't make sense?

Contact the manufacturer for clarification?

Chicken Farmer

Dec 8, 2018
Dave9, I tried calling the manufacturer for support but they doesn’t offer support to homeowner, only to security company. The link to the manual is : https://static.interlogix.com/library/I-NX6V2-IM Rev C Installation Manual.pdf. In page 17 where it shows “Location 0 - Phone 1”. I am thinking that is where the call out phone number would be program but I tried with no success. Maybe I am doing something wrong when putting in the number. I live in a small town and getting professional help is hard. Thanks

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
@ChosunOne is our resident alarm expert, hopefully he can help :)
Thanks for the heads-up, davenn: I check into the forum a couple of times on most days, but I'm going to have to change my routine with this new forum format. I missed this thread yesterday.

Hello All, I am new to this and trying figure out how to program the call out phone number into my security system for local use only. The system that I have is NX-6V2 with keypad NX-108E. I tried reading the control panel installation instructions but I don’t understand it much. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks all.

The Installation manuals for professional-grade alarm control panels like the NX-6V2 aren't made for DIY-ers, and assume a certain amount of experience and familiarity with the system to start with. That doesn't mean you can't do it, just that the novice can expect a steep learning curve.

I've been programming alarm panels since they became programmable decades ago but, Full Disclosure here, by some quirk of fate I've never had occasion to get into programming of a GE Interlogix control panel like the NX-6V2. None of the companies I worked for used that brand and the few I came across for troubleshooting had problems that were unrelated to programming. I could probably study the installation and programming manuals and figure it out, but not having a panel & keypad in front of me to tinker with would take a long time.

You'd get much quicker (and TBH, more reliable) advice at this site: http://www.shieldlab.com/forum/index.php/board,24.0.html
which is specifically for GE Interlogix alarm panel DIYers, and is frequented by techs who have experience with your control panel.

It's good that you gave the make and model of your Control Panel (NX-6V2) and Keypad (NX-108E). When you post there, also mention the provenance of the alarm system: Is it new, or an existing system that you've been using for awhile, and approximately how long? Most older Panels (more than 10-12 years) can't be made to interface with your personal cell phone or a neighbor's land line phone, if that's what you're looking to do.

Also, mention what _specifically_ you want your Panel to do when it calls out: I.e., do you want it to call a pager number, or a cell phone, or neighbor's landline, or what? Those are each different features on most contemporary alarm panels and programmed differently, if at all.

Chicken Farmer

Dec 8, 2018
Thanks @ChosunOne and @davenn for the information. My current system is the same kind NX-6V2 with keypad NX-108E. It decided not to work on me one day when the alarm tripped, the keypad rapid beeping came on but no call to my land line phone or my cell phone. Before, it would call my land line then my cell phone, that was how it was set up. So I decided to buy the same system to replace it and could not figure out how to set call out number. I will follow your advice and get with http://www.shieldlab.com/forum/index.php/board,24.0.html. I will post back when I get it figured out. Thanks All