Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Is it possible to build an homemade mobile signal amplifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martino.iemmolo.2

Jul 1, 2023
Good morning makers
The internet is full of fake and unclear projects about mobile signal amplification, so I was wondering if is really possible to build an homemade 4G amplifier circuit maybe using some operational amplifiers.
I'm just a beginner but I love to experiment with different components and face new challenges.
I managed to recycle some op-amps (such as LM358N) from old electronic boards but I don't think is enough powerfull to amplify a mobile signal.
This would be my first project with wireless comunications.
Thanks in advance.

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

It is not possible to amplify the 4G signals with a LM358.
The LM358 is made for audio amplifiers, the kHz range and not RF wich is the 4G signals with frequencies upto 2100 MHz.
See this page for more info:

Bertus

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
4G or 1 2 3 4 5G homemade signal boosters are illegal you need a license and you're not going to get one I could see for experimental purposes knowledge base there are many boosters online ready available that have been tested and conform to compliance where they're sold and they will not interfere with other devices or networks my advice is to purchase these readily available units there are relatively inexpensive and tear it apart then you know what you're getting into. Heck that's what I did. And I'm a happy camper now.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
It's all moving to wifi calling nowadays.
No! It's not they just flooded the market with product the IEEE 802.11-a,b,c,d(Alphabet Soup) 2.4 to 5 Gigahertz Spectrum is already crowded. Nowadays if you look next week it is obsolete.
Options are limited to consumers but not for those in the know.
What did the mother tomato say to the baby tomato's after they were just stepped on...."ketchup"!
Reference: Oxford American English Unabridged Dictionary.

Last edited:

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
I'm talking orthogonal bi-directional full duplex transmit receive repeater amplifiers. How Sweet It is.

Last edited:

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
I believe post number three nailed it.
Do you like tomato juice?
Welcome to Maker Pro!

Last edited:

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Wow! what happened ?some blonde posted a better worded explanation than I did in post 3 and I just reminded her of that.
Well heck I like tomato juice I just squished myself normal for me though.

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

Unfortunately sites like instructables and youtube have a lot of projects that will not work.

Bertus

martino.iemmolo.2

Jul 1, 2023
Thank you very much for all the answers.
Ipotetically speaking in order to build an experimental mobile booster I would have to use an operational amplifier capable of working with frequencies of 2100 MHz, right?
I'm currently searching for components like that, do you have any suggestion about the model of op-amp I could use?

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Ipotetically speaking in order to build an experimental mobile booster I would have to use an operational amplifier capable of working with frequencies of 2100 MHz, right?
Wrong. Hypothetically. Aluminum foil make very good hats.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I'm currently searching for components like that, do you have any suggestion about the model of op-amp I could use?

you wont find one, you need an RF amplifier
considering you are breaking the forum rules ( as @Alec_t stated) and you also have no idea of
RF electronics, I will close this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.