Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Kitchenaid Artisan Mini 3.5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer

esse

Nov 23, 2023
We blew out the power supply of our 110V (USA) Artisan Mini by accidentally hooking it up to the wrong port (220V) of our external transformer.
I opened it up and can see that a big capacitor blew.
The part Whirlpool OEM Part #W11112201 is pretty expensive (around [imath]90, while the appliance only cost us[/imath]200). Additional hassle is getting it shipped from the USA to Europe since we moved.
So, since the motor is DC, I was thinking of replacing the power supply with a European one that takes 220V. Issue is I can't find the part number of the European power supply.
Alternative would be to find a general purpose 220V to whichever voltage is required PSU and drop that in there.
Where can I find what the output for OEM Part #W11112201 is so I can search for an alternative?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
The capacitor will have its value and rated voltage printed on it somewhere. These are commonly called 'motor start capacitors' and very readily available in many voltages, values and physical sizes, one of which will work even if it doesn't 'look like' the original item.

Always assuming it's just the capacitor that's blown..... often there is much more to the issue. As above, post some pics.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
This page shows an exploded view of the Artisan mini. It lists spare parts for
Genuine KitchenAid 3.5 Qt Mini Artisan Stand Mixer Parts for models KSM3306, KSM3311, KSM3316 & KSM3317
If your model is among these, you may find the required spares there, but they seem to be pretty expensive. The original
KitchenAid 3.5 Qt Mini Artisan Speed Control Assembly - W10887360
goes for $59.99

Where can I find what the output for OEM Part #W11112201 is
The board you mention is available here at 80 $. I doubt that more detailed data is available, at least not officially. There's no 220 V version of the control board mentioned on this website. This appliance may simply not be available in a 220 V version. In this case you will not be able to find a 220 V control board.
since the motor is DC
Are you sure of that? Have a close look at the motor: is there any print on it indicating the voltage and power rating?
Do you have or have access to a multimeter and a decent DC power supply to test the motor before you invest in a control board only to find the motor is broken?

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
That shows to be a complete motor speed controller board unit.
YOU NEED TO PULL AND MAKE GOOD PHOTOS OF BOTH SIDES OF THAT BOARD.
One can initially see a quite massive black E-cap on one frontal side, and a ceramic cased pig tail fuse on the other side. PLUS . . . . .are there being any viewable popped / vaporized foil traces ?

1700822655050.png