Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Korg DDD1 drum machine sound output prob

frank1

Dec 10, 2008
Hi, I just bought a Korg DDD1 (made in '86) drum machine that has presumably not been used for a while. Just to mention from the start, I have the setting on the drum machine correct, and as they are set, the unit should work as intended.

The Korg DDD1 can play 12 sounds at once. Currently only 1 sound will play at a time. If 2 or more drum pads are hit at exactly the same time no drum sound is heard except a short blip/clip sound. Even when recording a pattern, any drum pad that is hit at the same time that metronome is heard, no drum sound is produced. I should also mention that the drum sounds themselves do not play to completion half of the time i.e. very inconsistent and get cutoff mid-sound.

I don't see anything obviously wrong internally. What component could be responsible for this behaviour? Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed light on this problem.
-Frank

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I'd start with the very basics first:
Did you check that the connections to your sound device (I assume a speaker) are good.
I'd exercise and use contact spray cleaner on any switches or pots. They may have
dirty contacts or be broken.
THEN, I'd start looking at the circuitry itself.