Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LED & Buzzer

fran

Nov 2, 2011
need your help. i have 5 LEDs that is being controlled by individual output switch. I wanted to add a buzzer on this circuit, that everytime the switch turns on an LED, the buzzer would also turn on. would that be possible??? 12vdc power supply. 470ohm 1/4 watt resistor per LED. piezo 12vdc buzzer. 5 output receiver with 5 wireless transmitters. thanks in advance.

fran

DrPinky

Nov 7, 2011
This will work

Attachments

• LED buzzer.png
    LED buzzer.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 327

fran

Nov 2, 2011
i appreciate all who responded from my request. thank you. unfortunately i don't know how to post my schematics since i'm not really a graphics guru person. i just draw it manually. anyways, it's similar to DrPinky's drawing except that mine has an individual switch on each LEDs. i also apologize for the late response.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
So you have a switch on each LED and you want a buzzer to go off when any switch is pressed?

The solution is to place a diode from each switch to the buzzer (and the other side of the buzzer to ground).

I'll draw you the circuit if you can confirm that this is what you want.

fran

Nov 2, 2011
Mr steve,

That's exactly what i wanted to happen. That everytime a switch is depress the led will turn on and so as the buzzer. Thank you so much. I will be looking forward to see your drawing. Again thank you. One quick question. No specific value of diode required??

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Here you go

attachment.php

The diodes can be any small rectifier diode. 1N4001's will work fine and are cheap.

The buzzer will get about 0.7V less than the battery voltage, but that shouldn't matter a great deal (if it does then that can be fixed too).

edit: repeat for as many stages as you require.

Attachments

• buzzy.jpg
    buzzy.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 531

fran

Nov 2, 2011
Mr. Steve, thanks again. I appreciate that effort helping me out. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and add those diodes to the circuit. I'll get back to you on the results. Again thanks.

DrPinky

Nov 7, 2011
Sorry fran, I guess I misunderstood your question when I posted the schematic.