Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Logitech MX keys fast discharge

KD305

Apr 24, 2023
Hi there
I recenlty bought a few logitech mx keys bluetooth keyboards from ebay, quite cheap:

- one with all the keys but the pcb seemed not to work at all even with a usb lead attached
- one missing a space bar
- one missing a enter key and unable to hold a charge

I have cobbled together the good parts and have two working keyboards. Th one that was missing the space bar now works perfectly. The other still has an issue remaining.

It still seems to discharge within a few hours from fully charged to nothing within a few hours. I have swapped the batteries between the keyboards, the other keyboard with the same battery will hold a charge (its been several days has not diminished at all)

What could be causing it to discharge, both have the same backlight settings on them.

Attachments

• IMG_6120 (1).jpeg
    IMG_6120 (1).jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6123.jpeg
    IMG_6123.jpeg
    445.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6127.jpeg
    IMG_6127.jpeg
    514.8 KB · Views: 2

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Since you have two working units you can power them both and compare measurements at points in the circuitry (say the onboard regulators etc) and report the results (or figure it out from there yourself).

Lioness

Apr 19, 2023
Since you have two working units you can power them both and compare measurements at points in the circuitry (say the onboard regulators etc) and report the results (or figure it out from there yourself).
I agree with you. That should help.