Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Making a LED bulb to produce a faint light ?

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
Hi.
A very high resistor value or a very low capacitance across the wall switch contacts should produce a faint illumination, right ?
Like 1.2 MOhm on 120VAC would conduct 0.1 mA. Will try and post results.:rolleyes:

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
faint illumination, right ?
That would depend on the level of whatever "faint illumination" you determine it to be.
I have yet to see a calculation that involves resistance, voltage, current = "faint illumination"

Apart from that, unless this "LED" is designed to run on 120v AC, that it will do so without destroying itself due the the reverse voltage levels.

Perhaps to need to rethink and supply more info.

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
Faint illumination = exactly what I want it to be, calculated to work on 120VAC for current and impedance for the number of LEDs I want and tested and in operation for 13 years now for days and nights with no failures and not destroying themselves. No rethinking.

Made 3 types I installed in ceilings and wall plates. The white nylon bushings were meant for passing coaxial trough walls, re-purposed for ceiling mount. The brown 1mm thin PC board hand made for the calculated components to fit behind switches.
No walking at total darkness, no guessing where the wall switch is.
1717074475712.jpeg