Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Men of the forum - help me w engagement ring

theromantrs

Mar 19, 2023
Hello! Yes, I am planning to propose to the love of my life. Really exciting, nervous and it really is keeping me in suspense. I need some recommendations regarding the engagement ring. What can I get in a range of 1-2k $? I want to have the best quality-price ratio. All suggestions are welcomed! Thanks a lot in advance!

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
I want to have the best quality-price ratio
Cubic Zirconia (3 ct. t.w.) Engagement Ring Set in Fine Silver Plate.
You can have them laser engraved inside the zirconia itself that will read Tiffany's.
Price[imath]12 to[/imath]23 dollars .It's one hell of a price ratio to save you at least
$1, 987.00. and buy her a Jeweler's loop magnifying glass and show her the inside where it's engraved. You will have the best time of your life with your clothes off.;)

1688251913477.png

theromantrs

Mar 19, 2023
Cubic Zirconia (3 ct. t.w.) Engagement Ring Set in Fine Silver Plate.
You can have them laser engraved inside the zirconia itself that will read Tiffany's.
Price[imath]12 to[/imath]23 dollars .It's one hell of a price ratio to save you at least
$1, 987.00. and buy her a Jeweler's loop magnifying glass and show her the inside where it's engraved. You will have the best time of your life with your clothes off.;)

View attachment 59672
Thanks a lot for the recommendation! What would you say about lab diamonds? Is it worth it? I don't think I can buy "real" diamond ring within my budget threshold right?

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Whatever you do don't let your future wife see this thread or you're done!

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
And so It begins!
You're going to need that sense of humor!!!
But that's only what everyone else tells me cuz I've never been married. And on a sad note.
Tears fall forever in a broken heart!
-Delta Prime

theromantrs

Mar 19, 2023
And so It begins!
You're going to need that sense of humor!!!
But that's only what everyone else tells me cuz I've never been married. And on a sad note.
Tears fall forever in a broken heart!
-Delta Prime
Haha yeah I guess so, thanks anyway. I have been convinced by friends that it might not be a good idea to spend 1.5k on a ring. There are plenty of cheaper options as well. Out of curiosity, what do you think of this alternative? It's "only" 200$ which is so much cheaper considering what I was initially planning to spend. Description says it's ruby and I am not sure if that's true. Maybe a lab ruby. Either way - it looks good!
Screenshot 2023-07-02 at 18.38.27.png

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
There are only four precious stones: diamond, sapphire, ruby and emeralds.
Diamonds are the only precious stones to offer your betrothed.
Traditionally in my culture the wedding ring of my mother and her mother before her has been passed down and I am fortunate (an honor)to be the recipient
Of our family heirloom and to be given to the woman I fall in love with the diamond ring itself has many flaws inclusions in the diamond itself one can say it is priceless, given the history of the wedding engagement set. But if you were to pawn it it wouldn't be worth much money. So you must give from your heart and it does hurt the pocketbook but that in itself is a sacrifice & shows how deeply you care for the woman you love. Follow your heart, life short, live it. Is the only advice I can give you.

theromantrs

Mar 19, 2023
There are only four precious stones: diamond, sapphire, ruby and emeralds.
Diamonds are the only precious stones to offer your betrothed.
Traditionally in my culture the wedding ring of my mother and her mother before her has been passed down and I am fortunate (an honor)to be the recipient
Of our family heirloom and to be given to the woman I fall in love with the diamond ring itself has many flaws inclusions in the diamond itself one can say it is priceless, given the history of the wedding engagement set. But if you were to pawn it it wouldn't be worth much money. So you must give from your heart and it does hurt the pocketbook but that in itself is a sacrifice & shows how deeply you care for the woman you love. Follow your heart, life short, live it. Is the only advice I can give you.
Thanks a lot for your recommendation. Unfortunately, I don't have such tradition or legacy in my culture. Therefore, I will probably off with a simple option as I've mentioned below https://yourasteria.com/collections/ruby-rings. The money left are going to be saved and used to build my family :) Thanks a lot for time and recommendations. Really appreciate it! Cheers!

Last edited:

Kiwi

Jan 28, 2013
I took my lady to a jeweller to choose the ring she liked.

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
Nearly all women would prefer a tiny $100 diamond that's real over a huge and costly Cubic Zerconia.

Nothing like telling her our relationship is fake.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Whatever you do, don't buy rings made of White Gold, the nickel alloy's used, it may take repeated or prolonged exposure to rings containing nickel to develop a nickel allergy but if you're soon to be wife does develop an allergy. You will
become the cause of her irritation.

Last edited:

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
On your post # 11 . . . . . . Did you look at the photo on a hand . . . .that's one TINY-TINY-TINY band . . . . .I don't even think that a pre teen girl would be happy with that . . . . . moreover your lady.
Forget the 'its the thought that counts Scheiss / KRAP' ( a la Herr Kapp) . . . . makes you look like a cheapskate . . .and for $200 for THAT unit . . . . smells like Internet Scam City. . . . . as per price VERSUS actual true value
BTW . . . .
Did your gullibility , also recently buy into . . . .

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Well that mini sized swamp cooler scam has moved on . . .dead link . . .
Chillwell - Index - YT
But there is a NEW one seen now with a undersized heater using a computer pancake fan, probably it would be inadequate in heating a bird cage !.