Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Modifying Electronic Timer Switch

Dobbyr

Dec 12, 2010
I'm currently in University Halls, and I have this electronic heater which is controlled by a Newlec electronic timer switch, called ELECTRISAVER, which has a maximum of 2 hours - which isn't good in the middle of winter in Huddersfield, UK. (especially in the mornings!)

I've un-screwed the panel for it, and there is 7 wires coming out of it, 3 of which come from one thicker wire, from below, and the same again from above, then another single green wire coming from up the wall on it's own.

I was wondering if these can be changed, or some kind of modification can be made to ensure the timer stays on for longer/ permanently.

I'll provide a picture if needs be of the control panel, and also the rear of it with as much detail as i can.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

a fairly cold, Ryan.

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
sbglobal2010,

Was there supposed to be a link? Ryan was looking for a push-on/timed-off timer function. I don't see any Aube timers with that option.

Ken

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
That wasn't a real person Ken. It was just automatic spam scraped from the internet. It's only a matter of time before spambots become more intelligent than the spammers.

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
Sorry about that Ken, I didn't see your reply at the time I deleted the spam post. As Resqueline said, it was a spammer that "scraped" random text from a releated search and posted it in to this thread (with spam links at the bottom of the post).

Ryan, I had the exact same timer switch at my University halls (some pre-fab building made by Opal, with each room being build off site somewhere). I don't think you'll be able to change the panel to allow on/off functionality or a longer duration - your only option would be to replace it or hard wire the heater. However, considering you are in Uni halls and they do inspections that may not be the best idea ;).

Shame the panel isn't horizontal, as you could have used one of these ;)

drinking_bird2.gif