Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Opinion about selling value of old turntable and broadcast receiver.

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
Hello people, how are ya all doing ?

I have two very old pieces of equipment that i am thinking to sell but i have no idea of their value. First is a portable turntable
National 2-band 12-transistor radiograph HG-720 probably manufactured between years 1962-1964. It is in geed cosmetic condition with only the battery tube missing. I intend to 3d print the tube. Here are the details :

The second one is a Kenwood communications receiver R-1000 which is in excellent working condition with a small crack on the glass top right , above the frequency disk.

What do you think ?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
R-1000 worth around 500 dollars (starting price) depending on condition and what accessories it comes with (you don't state).

Antique stuff varies far more widely due to demand (or lack of). Again, condition matters a lot.

If you have any particular price in mind then it's wise to be prepared to be disappointed. The HG-720 isn't on my radar as being a desirable unit but this particular market is so very variable across the globe and I could be well short of the mark. Are there any vintage wireless forums in the USA you could ask? The UK has one: https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php where you might get some interest or further information.

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
As for the R-1000 it is just the unit, i don't have any accessories line an antenna for example. I dont know if it came with one.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Calimera Constantin,
it's been a long time since your last visit here.

My starting point for getting an estimate of the value when selling items is a look at Ebay (or any other platform of your choice) and see what othes payed for the item.