Maker Pro

Wanted: Plasma Generator - PG13 Ramsey Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripmitz

Aug 8, 2016
Wanted: Ramsey Electronics PG13 Plasma Generator Hobby Kit
Condition: Used or New

Ramsey at beginning 2016 ceased to manufacture any electronic hobby kits and has sold all stock. I am attempting to track down a PG13 plasma generator for a scientific research project. The optimized design of the PG13 suits the desired purpose perfectly.

I am happy to purchase a kit that has already been built or to purchase a new kit. If anyone has one lying around they are no longer using please send me an email. tripmitz at hotmail dot com

EK-PG13-2T.jpg

Description: This new kit was conceived by one of our engineers that likes to play with things that can generate large, loud sparks, and other frightening devices. During the process of looking for parts for one of his latest experiments he discovered how difficult it was to find a high voltage transformer that met his requirements. Well, we had a super unit designed expressly for us! This is one heck of a neat kit! Hey, it really serves no purpose other than producing stunning lighting displays, drawing big sparks, scaring the neighbors and performing lots of high voltage experiments. We took a regular clear Decora style light bulb and connected it to the PG13 - WOW! A storm of sparks, light tracers and plasma filled the bulb. Holding your hand on the bulb doesn't hurt a bit and you can control the discharge! It can also be used for powering other experiments; let your imagination be your guide! The high voltage at the terminal won't electrocute you, so it's relatively safe, but it can burn you, so use caution. Requires 16VDC but can also be run from 5-24VDC so the output voltage can be directly adjusted. Power supply not included. For full output order our PS21 16V power supply. This is for advanced experimenters only! Not for the faint of heart! (Unless you buy our ECG1C Electrocardiogram Heart Monitor Kit, then it's OK!)

Status
Not open for further replies.