Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Portugal: Seeking Unique Experiences & Tech Insights

thom3s

Feb 20, 2024
Hey everyone, fellow 3D printing enthusiast here! My home workshop is already buzzing with a couple of machines, but the urge to upgrade is strong. I recently stumbled upon RatRig, a Portuguese company that's piqued my interest with their innovative printers. Anyone have any firsthand experience with them, or even heard whispers in the 3D printing world?

Speaking of Portugal, a trip there is brewing for next year! This time, I'm hoping to combine my passion for 3D printing with some off-the-beaten-path exploration. Last visit was a solo Lisbon adventure, but this time I'm thinking about hiring a local guide to unlock Portugal's hidden gems. Have any of you had amazing experiences with local guides, or stumbled upon some truly unique, lesser-known spots? Hit me with your stories and suggestions!

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Off the beaten path destination Monsanto,Central Portugal,
Where have you been living, underneath a rock?
(Just kidding)
Fred Flintstone houses! Portuguese live like that in the Middle ages.
1711104905591.jpg1711104887735.jpg1711104823819.jpg1711103633732.jpg

thom3s

Feb 20, 2024
Wow, Monsanto really does look like a gem, and aptly named the "most Portuguese village of Portugal" because the village has preserved its special medieval character and culture of Portugal. The Portuguese Flintstones House of Casa do Penedo looks amazing! It would be nice to visit this during my trip. Thanks for the tip, @Delta Prime – it’s definitely going on the top of my list of places to visit.

By the way, I’ll be doing some more digging on RatRig, but so far found some pretty solid reviews. As for the local guides, I came across a site from this thread https://maker.pro/forums/threads/travel-plans-2024-need-some-advices.300315/ and upon further inspection, they're also offering private tours in Portugal through https://gowithguide.com/portugal/guides. I would have to ask them if they can arrange a visit to the Portuguese Flintstones House.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
As you can tell in my response to your other thread I got your back brother.
You may want to contact rat rig directly through their website they offer the opportunity to evaluate beta versions of new hardware capabilities and in exchange for your providing valuable feedback,I think they throw in everything for free but you might want to check I know I have done that with other companies in the 3D printing arena. good luck to you.
Since you're going to Portugal ask them to show you around their facility. you never know!
And I would advise against mentioning Fred Flintstone. sorry about that.

thom3s

Feb 20, 2024
As you can tell in my response to your other thread I got your back brother.
You may want to contact rat rig directly through their website they offer the opportunity to evaluate beta versions of new hardware capabilities and in exchange for your providing valuable feedback,I think they throw in everything for free but you might want to check I know I have done that with other companies in the 3D printing arena. good luck to you.
Since you're going to Portugal ask them to show you around their facility. you never know!
And I would advise against mentioning Fred Flintstone. sorry about that.
Thanks for having my back! Your suggestion about reaching out to RatRig directly and potentially getting everything for free in exchange for feedback adds more excitement to my trip. I’ll definitely contact them and hopefully visit their facility in Portugal. :)