Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Sencore TF46 information

tomc938

Mar 28, 2010
I'm looking for information on the above.

I would like to find out the specs on the adaptor (I don't have one) Polarity, voltage and amps would be nice,. It's part number is PA202.

Does anyone know if there's a manual on-line?

Thanks!

Tom
Vancouver Island, BC
(PS- so sorry if this is a second post on the same topic, I posted yesterday but can't find it in the forums now)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The only information I can see is that it's battery operated. If you know what type of battery it uses, that may suggest the voltage and current rating of an external adapter.

Generally, adapters have the centre positive.

About 5 years ago someone was asking the very same questions. Maybe the person who answered still has the same email address? Worth a try?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
By the way, your original post was in a newsgroup section here.

tomc938

Mar 28, 2010
Thanks

Steve;

Thanks for your thoughts. I had the same idea, but it's the curve ball that life throws you that can mess things up. (Center pin positive - usually)

After I posted I notice that printed on the back is something to the effect that even with the adapter you should have the batteries in to act as a filter. So I should be able to open the unit up and see which side of the battery pack the connections are made.

Looks like 5 years ago the gentleman didn't get much further than I have, however. A manual would also be nice, but I guess I'll have to settle for a manual for something close and experimentation!

Tom

Teknoboy

Jan 12, 2010
you can download a PDF copy of the TF46 manual here:

URL REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
OK, from the sound of it, the *recommended* external AC adapter is not well filtered, and supplies charge current to the internal nicad batteries.

Since it disables the auto-off function, it must have additional circuitry inside (i.e. it is not simply connected across the battery).

Check to see if there is continuity between one battery terminal and one of the external charger connections. If so, that will give you the polarity,

Next, find a well regulated and filtered power supply with a voltage close to that of the batteries in the device (so if it has 4 x AA cells, find a 6V adapter).

Connect it **without batteries** and see if it works. Don't have batteries in there as you don't know where the current limiting is done.

tomc938

Mar 28, 2010
Teknoboy

Thanks for the link Teknoboy, but when I try to go there I get a browser error and there's no data to load.

Could you check and see if there's a typo in the address?

Thanks!

Tom

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Works fine for me.

tomc938

Mar 28, 2010
THANKS!

And this time it worked for me too!

Thanks so much! I'm so excited to have the manual for it.

Tom

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Maybe you should consider submitting it to ebaman.com to make it easier for others to find it in the future. I've done this with a few manuals that I have found *very* hard to find.

No guarantees about this site, but seems appropriate.

tomc938

Mar 28, 2010
site

Thanks for the suggestion. I've made a note for future reference.

Tom

rogerbird1

Jun 24, 2011
Please remove this link and the posts directing to my server.

you can download a PDF copy of the TF46 manual here:

URL REMOVED

I have removed the manual from this site.
It is not a free public site for general posting.

I am sorry I have provided the manual so freely...
NEXT TIME ASK before POSTING !!

Please remove this link and the posts directing to my server.

R

Last edited by a moderator: