Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Sony Walkman CD Player Malfunction

Malan08

May 1, 2023
I have two CD Walkman units and both were functioning 6 months ago.

However, a few days ago, I decided that I'd take one of them to the gym. To my dismay, both units failed to rotate the CDs I intended to play (one of which was the Beatles' album: Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band), which is in pristine condition; as were the others I tried.

When the play button is activated, a clicking noise is heard, followed by the screen displaying: ‘no disk’. The ‘Hold’ switch on the underside is not activated, which I thought migh explain the issue.

Both units have not been excessively used, and so I'm at a loss to explain the malfunction. Due to the age of the units, it may no longer be possible to undertake a repair. However, I'd be grateful for an explanation and any suggestions for a possible fix. My feeling is that there is a component(s) which spookily have deteriorated at the same time.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
A CD must rotate (highest speed) in order for the player to read the information on the CD with the laser .
Make sure there's no dust or scratches on the read lens .
Check the fuse, check the power cord check battery contact, CD players rotate the compact disc by universal motor that's next to check, check the belt(remove clean lubricate reinstall.)
Lot of times they won't play bootlegs CDs or CDs that have been burned, the player checks for copyrights codedec
What's the serial number or specific model