Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Source code from HEX code ?

AlenZGB

Feb 19, 2014
Is there any program that can extract source code from HEX code that is originaly in PIC?

flippineck

Sep 8, 2013
I don't know specific details regarding PIC but in general, converting hex code to source (use of a decompiler) is unreliable at best; all original comments etc in the source tend to be lost. Use of a disassembler may help if you are comfortable with reading and understanding the output assembly code?

Most accurate / useful decompiler tool is a disassembler combined with an experienced human brain..

AlenZGB

Feb 19, 2014
So its really possible but not 100% accurate.
Thanks for info.

Steve Garratt

Jul 22, 2014
If the hex is raw machine code then I would forget any ideas about trying to decompile to any high level language that might have been used. On the other hand disassembling the code will produce a list of machine commands which is easier to decipher than raw hex code. Even this operation can go horribly wrong when data structures are encountered. At least will give you a chance of figuring out how it works.

I've had to do this many times in the past and it has never been a job that I looked forward to so good luck.