Maker Pro
Maker Pro

TDA 7293 power supply?

FLS

Sep 2, 2017
I purchased a TDA 7293 amp off ebay. It say's it needs 12 to 32 volts AC. I want to try it in automotive application. From the input block it goes directly to a bridge rectifier. Could I remove rectifier and use DC? If so,the input block is labeled AC O AC,would it be wired + - +,or +DC G -DC? Is there a conversion table for AC to DC or DC to AC power requirements? Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Yes you can run from DC after all that's what the bridge circuit does. Can you take a picture of the circuit including the bridge rectifier? Welcome to EP BTW :)
Adam

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
If the input shows AC- ZERO and AC then you need a centre-tapped transformer.

You can connect DC if you know the correct voltage required - it would wire (basically) across the main smoothing capacitors and would (presumably) need to be a 'split-rail' supply.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Split supply requirement pretty much rules out use in auto. Not to mention that although it operates @ 12v-+ min it really is a high voltage amp up to 50v-+. I think you will find plenty of ready made amp modules on Ebay, most modules being close to or less than the cost of individual amp chip.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

As Adam asked in post #2 ... please supply a photo or 2 of the board and if possible a circuit diagram

(also ... I deleted you last post as it was empty other than your own quote, making it a pointless post)

FLS

Sep 2, 2017
I keep getting a error when I try to up load pics

FLS

Sep 2, 2017
It is a amp module.trying to upload pics now keep getting error message.It is item #272693120983 since I can't seem to upload pics.Iam new to the site .This is a little background on me.lm a journeyman electrician that dabbles in electronics.I pretty much know the different comp.and if I can physically see a issue I can soldier a new component in and it works a lot of the time.But I am trying to learn electronics and coding.Thank you

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
OK, I've seen the eBay pictures and, as suspected, the supply is indeed AC-0-AC and therefore a 'spit-rail' requirement that cannot be found in an automotive system.

You only option using this board would be to use an inverter to derive the AC and feed that to a suitable transformer which then powers the amplifier - clearly an unsatisfactory method.

Personally I'd look around for another amplifier module that operates on a single rail supply like this class-D module:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TPA3116-D...635957?hash=item4d51e7edb5:g:8p0AAOSwdzVXux8Y

You could also look for a SMPS module that has a 12V DC input and a split rail output - but I've only seen schematics for those at the currents you'll require. You'd have to build your own.

FLS

Sep 2, 2017
Well it sounds like maybe I will head in another direction.Maybe a pair of powered bookshelf speakers. Split rail? That's + and --.Thankyou everyone! If any other suggestions( projects or learning literature)fill free to let me know.I'm all ears!