Maker Pro
Maker Pro

tiny flexcable connector

BlackDog

Jul 27, 2012
attachment.php

I recently took apart my very old cameraphone and pulled out the CMOS image sensor. I would like to breadboard or protoboard it and figure out how to use it, but I would need some way to break-out that connector into wires that I can actually work with. Can anybody identify that connector and point me towards a way to get this thing wired up?

Attachments

• img0146qh1.jpg
    img0146qh1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 251
Last edited by a moderator:

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I don't recognize it. Some connectors are specific to the manufacturer.
A lot of times I look for old scrapped units from the same manufacturer, and salvage
parts I want.
If I understand what you want to do, I'd solder small wires to each pin, and terminate
the ends into a solderless breadboard. Then you'd have a test platform that's easy to
work with. Maybe somebody else has a better idea.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I recognise the connector , seen a number of them inside mobile phones and other small devices
I just have no idea what they are called
sorry blackdog cant help further other than to suggest you visit the element14, digikey or other supplier site and search through their available connectors

Dave

Last edited:

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Most of these connectors are proprietary or at minimum large volume OEM only variety... If you want to source a matching half you will likely need to find an OEM parts supplier for the device they came out of and they 'might' offer them for sale...

There are some consumer commercial offerings, like the SlimStack line from Molex though that might work in some applications...

http://www.molex.com/molex/products/group?key=slimstack&channel=PRODUCTS