Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Voltmeter ammeter off ebay

Mr Random Guy

May 9, 2016
I am quite confused about this dual voltmeter ammeter I want to get off eBay. Please tell me which of these two circuits is right (at least I hope one is right).

So the first idea is that the measuring positive voltage wire and the common negative (between the ammeter and voltmeter) connect to the PSU in parallel with whatever load is connected. My PSU has screw down terminals so I'm thinking solder the two wires onto the base of this so the terminals are still available for loads. The current measuring positive wire would be also connected to the positive of the psu.

The second idea is that the current measure wire would connect to the cathode of the load instead of the positive of the PSU.

I think the second idea is correct because ammeters should always be in series right?

Mr Random Guy

May 9, 2016
Agreed but since the negative wire of the ammeter is common between the ammeter and voltmeter I have to put it in series between the cathode of the load and the - terminal

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Agreed but since the negative wire of the ammeter is common between the ammeter and voltmeter I have to put it in series between the cathode of the load and the - terminal

????

it's well time you showed photos / links to these meters
its VERY difficult to figure what you are saying otherwise

Mr Random Guy

May 9, 2016
Its okay I figured it out I found a diagram :)

The yellow wire must be measuring voltage and the thick red wire measures current

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-31-21-33-19.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-31-21-33-19.png
    360.2 KB · Views: 73