Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Yamaha PSR s710 no sound please help

Svg222

Aug 5, 2023
Yamaha PSR s710 it was not producing sound after being beaten by rain please any solution will be appreciated

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Welcome to maker.pro!
Does anything function correctly (display, midi, power supply, indicators/lights ......)?

peethagoras

Aug 4, 2023
Yamaha PSR s710 it was not producing sound after being beaten by rain please any solution will be appreciated
How long ago did it rain? if very recent, try using a hair blower directed into the various vents and grills in an attempt to dry it out. I used to bath working printed circuit boards in detergent to cleann them, and after standing on edge found they all worked fine when dry. It could be that the audio output device is so wet that various components surrounding it make it seem to the device that their valuse have radically changed values, hence no function.

Svg222

Aug 5, 2023
How long ago did it rain? if very recent, try using a hair blower directed into the various vents and grills in an attempt to dry it out. I used to bath working printed circuit boards in detergent to cleann them, and after standing on edge found they all worked fine when dry. It could be that the audio output device is so wet that various components surrounding it make it seem to the device that their valuse have radically changed values, hence no function.
It's has been up tilla month and half now

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
The keyboard's been out in the rain for a month and a half? Crikey.
Does the headphone output work correctly?

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
That suggests the pre-amp (at least) isn't working, or else the input connection to it is bad.
If you can identify the pre-amp and power amp sections, use a test meter to check if they are getting power supplied.
If you can locate a schematic or service manual for the keyboard it would be helpful.

Svg222

Aug 5, 2023
What I noticed is that the volume panel is not reading at all and I trace it back to the board is not working could this be the cause of the sound not working