Maker Pro

The independent catapult

3D printed catapult that used stepper motors for reloading and launching bullets. Uses ESP-NOW to communicate with remote control unit.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Welcome to Maker Pro :)
I love siege weapons!
The only constructive criticism I have with you're quaint mangonel catapult is in the use of the rubber band that is responsible for storing the elastic potential energy as it is stretched, thus liberating the associated kinetic energy upon release.
Perhaps a spring loaded tensioner Incorporated onto the axle of the throwing arm hidden from view!
By the way...The angle at which the throwing arm is pulled back too, will dictate both the distance the projectile will travel & also the height that it reaches while in the air.
Also... Flaming projectiles!
That would be spectacular.

thingsbydesign

Jul 6, 2023
Welcome to Maker Pro :)
I love siege weapons!
The only constructive criticism I have with you're quaint mangonel catapult is in the use of the rubber band that is responsible for storing the elastic potential energy as it is stretched, thus liberating the associated kinetic energy upon release.
Perhaps a spring loaded tensioner Incorporated onto the axle of the throwing arm hidden from view!
By the way...The angle at which the throwing arm is pulled back too, will dictate both the distance the projectile will travel & also the height that it reaches while in the air.
Also... Flaming projectiles!
That would be spectacular.
Thanks for the feedback :). There definitely would be tons of improvements that could be implemented and maybe someday I will make an improved version. This was my 3rd project on making my own 3D design so that also costed me tons of time but after doing something so taxing your design skills will improve greatly. So overall it was a great learning experience and next projects will be so much better :D

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Maybe I could help personal message me if you are selling them I would like to buy one