Maker Pro
Maker Pro

50+ and learning new things

grnhornet17

Mar 3, 2023
Hey All!

I have only recently become interested in electronics and microcontrollers. I have a few Arduino Uno and a few Nano.

I recently saw a project from a Maker by the Name of Jelle Rieth.

I would like to use the panel idea for an interactive art project of my own, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to wire the circuit. I have several 5mm perminant magnets and magnetic wire. I do not intend to use the compass. I am thinking more along the lines of a touch pad or eventually a phone app using the phones touch screen. A swipe across the screen would trigger the panes to flap.

I have no formal training and I am just beginning to learn what to even call things. I have just started learning to use the Arduino IDE with C, C++ and I am looking into Python, but please consider I do not know anything about any of this stuff

can someone please point me in the right direction to ask these questions.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
can someone please point me in the right direction to ask these questions.

If you click on the "FORUMS" tab above, you will see all the different forum sections that can be posted in for the appropriate
topics. The Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT will be your best choice to create threads on your interests :)

Dave

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
I have no formal training and I am just beginning to learn what to even call things. I have just started learning to use the Arduino IDE with C, C++ and I am looking into Python, but please consider I do not know anything about any of this stuff
Stick to the basic Arduino as it will do most of what you want and you'll have more than enough to learn with that alone.

bidrohini

Feb 1, 2023
They have not uploaded any tutorial. They have not made this project open spource either. So, it is not easy to find out the wiring etc. However, for wearable projects in general, Adafruit Flora and Arduino Lilypad are widely used.