Maker Pro
Maker Pro

9v batter to 2 servos

Rushmoore

Jun 21, 2015
If I wire a 9v battery to 2 servos will both servos get 9v or will they share the voltage equally? I have a single power wire attaching to two wires powering the servos.

I have already kinda asked this question, but I am now not using a bread board to make the connections.

Thanks

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
A breadboard is just a different way of connecting components together. Whether they are wired on a breadboard or by wires, makes no difference in how the circuit operates (at least not at low frequencies).

You seem to have no understanding of how serial and parallel circuits work. Please look these up and try to understand them.

Here is a question for you: If you plug two lamps into a 240V outlet does each lamp get 120V?

And, if you are trying to provide 4.5V to each of two servos, it will not work for the reason I explained in your previous thread.

Edited to add: If you want to run 5V servos off a 9V battery, you need a voltage regulator.

Bob

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
If you want to run 5V servos off a 9V battery, you need a voltage regulator.

I agree. That is what I said in his other post.
You might want to consider pwm controller for the servos. I am sure you probably have a micro controller amongst your wires and breadboards!

Martin

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
A little 9V battery won't last long trying to drive one servo, let alone two :(.