Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Analoge audio router.

cliff

Feb 27, 2012
Can anyone help me with a device to take 16 inputs (from the direct outs on a mixer) and have them so I can select one of 8 outputs for each one.

There would be 16 inputs with 16 knobs that would select from one of 8 outputs. So it would also be combining from one up to 16 inputs to the one output selected.

Eg. say input 1 goes to output 1
Input 2 goes to output 2
input 3 goes to output 2
input 4 goes to output 6
input5 goes to output 2
input 6 goes to output 7
input7 goes to output 1
input 8 goes to output 8
and so on.

What I want to do is use effects on groups of channels on the mixer, many mixers use sungroups to do this, I want it in a seperate box. And can not find one that does.

Thanks

twister

Feb 12, 2012
Can anyone help me with a device to take 16 inputs (from the direct outs on a mixer) and have them so I can select one of 8 outputs for each one.

There would be 16 inputs with 16 knobs that would select from one of 8 outputs. So it would also be combining from one up to 16 inputs to the one output selected.

Eg. say input 1 goes to output 1
Input 2 goes to output 2
input 3 goes to output 2
input 4 goes to output 6
input5 goes to output 2
input 6 goes to output 7
input7 goes to output 1
input 8 goes to output 8
and so on.

What I want to do is use effects on groups of channels on the mixer, many mixers use sungroups to do this, I want it in a seperate box. And can not find one that does.

Thanks

I think two single pole rotary switches would do the job. Hook all the outputs to one switch and hook all the inputs to another switch. Hook the two wipers together. Now you can hook any output to any input. You probably will want break before make switches.
Jameco only has 12 positions switches. Maybe someone else makes 16s. Or you could use three switches to connect the other two.

cliff

Feb 27, 2012
Thanks twister.

Would I need any resistors or anything as this is also combining multiple signals.

twister

Feb 12, 2012
Thanks twister.

Would I need any resistors or anything as this is also combining multiple signals.

I think someone with audio experience would have to answer that question. Maybe even need to post a schematic.