Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Audio Chip

Sparrow Hawk

Mar 24, 2014
Hello, I am curious about the various audio chips that you can upload a sound or frequency to and make it replay later when prompted. Does anyone know about the frequency capabilities on them? Specifically, what are their upper limits. I have mused about using one of these to recreate something recorded from a 2.4 GHz RC controller so I can hopefully recreate the response in the RC vehicle. (A little bit of an odd way to do that, I know, but I don't think I have the experience to actually build a GHz capable transmitter that would output the frequency I need.)

Thanks for your time.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
You're not going to be able to reproduce a 2.4GHz signal.

The upper limit on the frequency will be something like 8kHz, 16kHz, 32kHz, etc. (and perhaps lower if it's designed for speech)

Sparrow Hawk

Mar 24, 2014
That is what I assumed, but I was still hoping since I could not find the frequency range listed anywhere in the descriptions. I suppose I will just go ahead and try making a real broadcaster. By the way, will a traditional audio amplifying op-amp be able to amplify something running in this range in case I need to up the signal output?

Thanks for your reply.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Nope. At 2.4GHz you need something totally (to the point of being almost unrecognisable) different to audio frequencies.

Sparrow Hawk

Mar 24, 2014
Again, I had guessed that much, but just wanted to make sure since I am new to this aspect of electronics. Looks like I have a lot more research to do.