Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Car audio sound blocker

StrangeFellow

Jul 22, 2013
Hi,

My intension for writing this post may seem a little odd at first. I want to solve a day to day problem with electronics.

In my part of the world, the public transports tend to play loud music and do not bother to stop or ever reduce the volumn level even after repeated requests. So, I have decided to build a gadget which would - 1. either stop the sound emanating from the speaker or 2. introduce noise into the system to distort the music so that they would not be able to listen to the music and stop the sound system themselves.

To explain the architecture of the transports, I have attached a picture of the same. The back seat in the vehicle is for passengers and they tend to put the sound system in the small clearing just behind the seat where we sit.

I was thinking of using high power electromagnet to distort the electrical system therein. But as we would be carrying gadgets like mobile phone, I guess these would be damaged by the same EM field.

I am open to any idea in this regard.default.jpeg

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I've never been in one of these that had any sort of "sound system". Where are you from?

My personal preference would be to ask the driver to turn it off. As an alternative, tell him to stop, get out and catch another one with a more reasonable driver.

Earplugs would be another simple solution.

Having something external that affected the sound would likely need to be very close, or it would affect people for some distance. It would also possibly be large and power hungry if it was designed to affect devices that were not reliant on receiving a radio signal (e.g. a CD player.)

Ever though you blacked out the face of the driver, I'm sure I recognise him from somewhere...

Y2KEDDIE

Sep 23, 2012
Sound Blocker!

Great Idea! So many inconsiderate motorists in my area like to play their music so loud, I can hear it in my home as they pass by. I wish there was a device that would silence them to a level only they could hear.

Also, when I go to the pub, the musicians seem to think playing loud will mask their in-ability to make real music. I like to chat with my friends without yelling! :(