Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Custom LED Display for Speednetworking - is this even possible?

ahmedia

Nov 12, 2010
Hi All

We have exhausted our search in trying to buy an off the shelf product for what we require and ended up on here to see if what we are after might be possible to build and if anyone knows who might be able to do it for us.

We run an events company and part of the forums we run involve speed networking, we would like to place a battery operated display unit on each table with a light system that goes from Green to Amber to Red indicating the time left for each networking discussion before the delegates have to move on. We would like to control all the displays by RF and be able to switch them from one light to another by remote (all at the same time).

Would this be do-able? Am I in the right place to be asking this question :D Anyone suggest who might be able to build these units for us?

Many thanks
Farhan
Ahmedia UK ltd
ahmediauk.com

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Cables to each table with lighs switched centrally? (Seems messy)

Perhaps a 433MHz receiver module that switches lights in response to some signal that is transmitted to all of them simultaneously?

ahmedia

Nov 12, 2010
Yes option 2 with the transmitter sounds like the option, wireless is the way forward.

Daisy chain will look messy - do you know where I can go to get something like this built? Anyone on here?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
You could design it and build it yourself.

Whilst it's reasonably simple, it won't be trivially cheap when you consider people's time and effort.

I don't know of any "off the shelf" item that would do this (and that would be your best option if it existed).

ahmedia

Nov 12, 2010
You could design it and build it yourself.

Whilst it's reasonably simple, it won't be trivially cheap when you consider people's time and effort.

I don't know of any "off the shelf" item that would do this (and that would be your best option if it existed).

Sounds like a plan but my electronic skills are zero and I wouldnt have a clue where to start! :confused: