Maker Pro
Maker Pro

DMX splitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwinredl

Sep 12, 2022
Hi there,

I am looking for multiple units of UL or ETL certified DMX splitter with as many ports as possible, preferably with screw terminals and DIN rail. Any other US recognized certification would be fine as well. CE definitely not...

There's an incredibly expensive high-end ETC Response line of splitters and the also quite expensive Philips Showline splitter but considering that I need 200+ ports, those are beyond my client's budget.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Erwin

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
CE definitely not
I just have to know... why not?
UL: Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
CSA: Canadian Standards Association
ETL: Originally a mark of ETL Testing Laboratories, now a mark of Intertek Testing Services.
CE: Conformance European (Communaut Europ enne or Conformit Europ enne)
Thanks for your help in advance!
You're welcome prematurely!

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
ETL: Originally a mark of ETL Testing Laboratories, now a mark of Intertek Testing Services.

I believe “CE” has been used to try and fool us from China.
‘CE’ Chinese Export. I’ve only heard this and can’t confirm it. But 99% plausible :)

Martin

erwinredl

Sep 12, 2022

As per Wikipedia:
"On commercial products, the presence of the logo CE means that the manufacturer or importer affirms the goods' conformity with European health, safety, and environmental protection standards.  It is not a quality indicator or a certification mark."
It basically means ANYBODY can put a CE logo on their product because it doesn't require an VERIFIABLE testing. It's basically just an honor system which is very different from UL, ETL, or similar where actual thorough testing is done. And that's the reason why just CE by itself is not acceptable with most clients in the US.

Erwin

Status
Not open for further replies.