Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Giant newbie, needs help regarding transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas_M

Jul 19, 2015
Hi there!

My name is Thomas, and I'm new to this forum. I need some help, and I wanna apologize for my extreme newbiesness.

I'm really clueless to electronics, and that's why I'm making this post here.

So, what I need!

A very small, transmitter. Which can send out a signal about 2-3m, or a bit more. It needs to send out a signal that contains some very basic information (example: 24, heroic spin).

I just need to know what this can be made of, and how small it can be. I prefer that it doesn't cost like 10 million, but is very simple and easy to make. I'm not going to make it myself or anything.

I'll start of with this question first and hopefully get some good answers :)

Thomas_M

Jul 19, 2015
Also, if this is in the wrong section, please redirect it to where it's supposed to be :D

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
Your description of basic information made no sense to me. Do you want to transmit the number 24? Why? Also,transmitting to wnat? An FM radio, an ISM band data receiver? Befpre we get to answers, lwts work on the question a bit. Noticed that I didn't even mention "heroic spin"...

ak

Thomas_M

Jul 19, 2015
Yes, it only needs to transmit a number, and a word like "Heroic Spin". It needs to transmit it to a reciever (?) I guess, which will take that information and put it on a screen. Kinda like a phone with bluetooth, sends sound to a stereo. Just that I don't need sound or anything, just a number and some words.

Heroic Spin is just a random word btw. I don't wanna go into full detail :rolleyes:

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Gee, @Thomas_M if you don't want to go into full detail, then neither do we. Most of us here do not enjoy playing guessing games, trying to tease information from reluctant people who pop up here with vague requirements. Better to tell us up front WTF you want to DO and let us make suggestions on how you might do it. You can then take it or leave it, or engage in a more extended conversation. So good luck with that.

Thomas_M

Jul 19, 2015
Well I'm sorry if I don't want to share my great idea with just anyone. There's a reason for why I don't want to go into full detail.

My only question is: How small can you make a transmitter which can send a few words to a reciever? If that's to much of a question to answer I guess I'll just have to go somewhere else.

Sorry for bothering you.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hey Hop, I think you may have upset the OP.:)

Transmit 'Heroic spin' and numbers, or other words.
To a receiver and then a screen only 2 or 3m away?

Is the screen ceiling mounted above a double divan by any chance?

Martin

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
My only question is: How small can you make a transmitter which can send a few words to a reciever?
Without knowing what the receiver is, whether the data carrier is optical or radio or gravitational or ..... it is impossible to say. And by 'you', do you mean yourself, or an electronics expert, or a micro-manipulation robot, or ..... ?

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Well I'm sorry if I don't want to share my great idea with just anyone. There's a reason for why I don't want to go into full detail.

My only question is: How small can you make a transmitter which can send a few words to a reciever? If that's to much of a question to answer I guess I'll just have to go somewhere else.

Sorry for bothering you.

You have to remember that if this all goes wrong because of the advice we gave you due to lack of information on your part. Who are you going to blame? Why don't you Google small RF transmitters.
Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.