Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Gtech K9 handheld

wearyhacker

Sep 11, 2023
Trying to fix a Gtech K9 handheld. Battery shows fully charged when plugged into charger. The cleaner is unresponsive. I have checked the power switch in the handle - it is working. I have checked the main motor by applying power directly to it - also working. I have checked the wiring to brush head motor - it is OK. The the only other thing on the wiring harness is a white led for illuminating the area being cleaned. The wiring harness also checks out OK. I cannot find any other electronics is the cleaner, no interlock switches no sensors, etc. All the electronics is in the 22V detachable battery. There are only eight wires going to the battery connector, two for the main motor, two for the switch, two for the led, and two for the brush motor.
Does anyone have a pinout for the battery connector, or any other info on the battery pack. The label says it is a 22v 2000mAh Li-Ion Type ATF Model 113A1003. I have tried the cleaner with a physically identical battery from another gtech hand held. The only difference is the model number on the label. It does not work.

I am at a loss.

wearyhacker

Sep 11, 2023
The gtech k9 hand held is not an upright vacuum with a foot switch on the cleaning head. I am very familiar with replacing the poor quality microswitch that they use in the upright with a decent switch.

On 11 September 2023 18:46:12 Electronics Forums <[email protected]>

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
. I am very familiar with replacing the poor quality microswitch that they use in the upright with a decent switch
I meant no offense.
I'm sure you're very proficient.
Sorry about that! this is what I dug up. In less than one second. I'm getting better.

Attachments

• 1909_multi2_k9_manual_tech_enhanced_aw.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 3

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir wearyhacker . . . . .

In getting on with re-referencing, see if this is being the correct Geeeeeeeeetech K9 SOOOOOPER Suckah . . .Then how about levering out this unit shown just below, that is associated with where the units thumb activated power switch is.
Pry out from its very top end and initially be inspecting the 3 sets of contacts that have to mate into each other. Are they making good contact and having no accumulated dust or debris in that pocket area ?

1694480974160.png

Then, since you have it out and its totally now being totally free of any applied power . . . . take a multi meter, place in its low OHMS RANGE and check the tact switch I have RED flagged at the very bottom end. On PCB backside,it will have two joined sets of contacts of its four contacts. So when you are across two that don't show a short condition . . .press the tact switch's button contact and then see if it will show a short for that pressures duration. If not that switch is bad /oxidized/or/insulatively contact contaminated.
AND . . .also . . . check its 4 contacts for solder ring fracturing. (Resultant open circuit.)

1694491899000.png

This should cover this units fails . . . . . but of those 3 contacts one is + power and another is - power, while the third sends a low power turn on signal to some power handling device which then adequately handles the FIERCE power level going to the vacuums motor.
Check that out next if trouble was not found earlier.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaasssit . . . . .

73's de Edd

In 1933 I was riding my bike, I fell off and scraped my knee.
( I'm only telling this now . . . . .
because. . . . way back then.. . . . .there wasn't social media/Twitter like this . . . . so . . . now everybody can know it !)

Last edited: