Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hello... Again...

RobTBHowdle

Aug 31, 2011
Hi everyone,

Made this account many years ago but the project I originally made it for never took off. I'm back now after just remembering I have this account and hopefully can get loads of help.. I've currently undertaken building a 1:1 scale working replica of R2-D2 with all the bells and whilsles. Driving, dome rotating, lights, opening panels and of course all his whistles and chirps.

As it stands at the moment I have just got my Padawan 360 system up and running which allows me to control all his sounds and movements via a simple Xbox 360 controller. I need more parts to control his feet motors and dome motors but at the moment he is alive and chirping away and I've just found out that I put him in autonomous mode and I'm having a full blown conversation with him haha.

The main plan for this droid is he will be a development droid so I will hopefully design build and test new tech in him ad I'd love your inputs on it. Be warned however some of my ideas may seem very far fetched and to some a bit pointless but my philosophy is that if I can do it, why not?

Glad to meet you all and hope to become good friends with you :)

Rob

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Tweet. Whistle whistle. Chirp!

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
Welcome, Rob :). I'd love to see some photos of your project!